Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› A 10min Fireworks Display this Saturday at La Rond
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 16:19:45   Edited by: Enkil

There will be a 10min fireworks display this Saturday (Sept 19) for Hellenic Day! It's a private event to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the founding of Greek schools in Montreal. The park and the rides will be open from 7pm to 9pm exclusively for those who have purchased a ticket for the event. The fireworks show will take place at 9:45pm.

According to one of the organizers: "The fireworks show in particular is going to be FANTASTIC!!! I found out today that they almost NEVER do fireworks show of this magnitude for organizations so we are truly in a TRULY ENVIABLE position to have this for the HCM Centennial!"

You can use your Season Pass on Hellenic Day, but you will have to pay $18 per person (taxes included) to benefit from the meal, the VIP access and the Fireworks. If you do not purchase the extra package, you will have to leave at 7 PM with the rest of the General Public.

To purchase this special ticket, please send an email to constance@ckameleon.com

For more information, click here.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 02:19:48

Thanks for the posting, Enkil. I don't mind attending the display at all, but it's just the cool to chilly weather that's serving as the hindrance for me.

For those of you planning to attend, be sure to dress warmly as it will likely be chilly Saturday evening - I anticipate 12 C in the evening and possibly as low as 6 C overnight. A strong area of high pressure (common this September) is moving in for the weekend, causing mostly clear and dry conditions. Winds will likely be out from the Northwest and then occasionally shifting to Westerlies by day's end, so watch out for smoke sometimes blowing towards La Ronde. Winds breezy, though later becoming light.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023