Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› La Ronde announces new coaster for 2010
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 14:05:31

La Ronde announced today the debut for May 2010 of a new, awe-inspiring, half-suspended roller coaster over lac des Dauphins, made possible by a major investment by Six Flags Inc. To mark the start of construction, La Ronde is launching a promotion as thrilling as the new roller coaster itself: visitors who buy a 2010 season passport as of today will be invited to be the first to experience this new extreme sensation, by boarding the ride before it is opened to the general public!

What's different about this ride is that half of its twisting 689-metre course is over water. Towering at 33 metres, the new roller coaster will include five inversions and zoom along at close to 90 kilometres an hour. Featuring two trains with a capacity of 20 passengers each, the ride promises to deliver an extraordinary experience.

Work on the coaster has already begun near the Jardin des Étoiles and an observation deck will allow guests to view the progress of La Ronde's latest thrill machine. In the coming months, La Ronde will unveil the new ride's name and other details on its Facebook page and web site at www.laronde.com.

News Wire / La Ronde

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 14:13:43

No more Salon des Artificiers then!

Paul.

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 14:25:51

I hope that this new coaster won't block the view for those seated in Gold section (or worse, anyone from sections 302-305-308 to the far right)...

I don't see the Tasses Magiques nor the Tour de Ville on these illustrations. Will they be demolished as well ?

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 14:36:45

The Tour de Ville will stay where it is, but the Tasses Magiques will take the place of the defunct Twister ride, so somewhere in front of the Pirate Ship and behind the grandstands.

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 16:30:12

Observing the diagram, isn't the ferris wheel located somewhere nearby there? The coaster looks like a nice ride, but I'm wondering if it will block out the view of the ferris wheel looking from the Southern end of the park.

And I like the name of that roller coaster in the photo above.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 20:30:44

I hope that this new coaster won't block the view for those seated in Gold section (or worse, anyone from sections 302-305-308 to the far right)...

From what I was told from La Ronde (who I sent an e-mail concerning this question), there will be no problem with the viewing, however, they can always be wrong. Plus I requested a name for the ride, as Le Rapteur, but that can be any other name. Plus they said it wont interfere with the danger of fireworks. So if this ride goes anywhere near Ramp 3 or 5, what will happen? I've seen roman candles and comets hit the ferris wheel. If there are trees near the new ride, hope no fire will be started!

Pat

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 21:02:47   Edited by: fredbastien

It is clear that the view will not be blocked by this new coaster from any seat in the Silver section, and likely from the Gold section too. However, I am not sure that the view from the VIP sections will be free... A significant part of the coaster will be over the water and this location is very close from some VIP sections. And given the well-known lack of planning in this company, I am not sure that the people who have decided where to build this ride, likely at Six Flags' headquarter, have considered this issue.

The press release also included another news, which may interest some people who deal with the public relation department. The signature of it informed us that Martin Roy is now the "directeur des communications" rather than the "chef de division - relations publiques". It looks that he got a promotion. Maybe that was the prize related to Six Flags' Tournament of Thill, won by Le Monstre (or Martin Roy?). To my knowledge, this is a new position into La Ronde structure.

And one more news: Marc Tremblay will no longer be the president of La Ronde. He was nominated CEO of the Société du Palais des congrès de Montréal:

http://www.congresmtl.com/fr/informations/communique.aspx?id=103

Fred

Posted: Apr 25, 2010 12:13:51

Many videos have been published lately about the coaster "ednör".
On the La Ronde website about the coaster there is a video named Steve's testimonial.

In background we see the VIP. With the camera rotating it seems that the VIP will clearly have their view blocked by the coaster.

http://www.laronde.com/ednor/en/ednor_videos.html

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022