Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Incidents at La Ronde
Last poster Message

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 01:41:36   Edited by: Saluteness

Hello there everyone,

It's getting to be that time of the year where it is boring for many of us, and soon we will remember the fallen soldiers...

About ten minutes before, I was reading all the posts from 2003-present. And reading them all really made me think how awesome it is that we she share the same passion about fireworks.

I remember hearing on the news a few years back (if I'm not mistaken, IPON in 2004), one display brought so much smoke to the Jacques-Cartier bridge and lots of people had trouble breathing the oxygen due to also inhaling the toxins from the compositions from the shells, could I be wrong with the year and firm? Well, I do remember quite well, someone died by suffocating on pyrotechnic smoke, but as we know it, our memories can always play tricks on us. So if anyone still remembers the scoop, I'd be more than happy to hear!

Pat

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 10:18:27

Well, I do remember quite well, someone died by suffocating on pyrotechnic smoke, but as we know it, our memories can always play tricks on us. So if anyone still remembers the scoop, I'd be more than happy to hear!

You have an over-active imagination. No such thing happened. It used to be that one or two people would fall off the bridge, but that was before they put up the anti-suicide barriers a few years ago. No-one has ever died from breathing in smoke on the Jacques Cartier bridge.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019