Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› St-Jean Baptiste 2010
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 23:59:25

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share the final minutes of a small St-Jean Baptiste fireworks display, viewed from my bedroom window. There were actually three displays taking place at once (I could see the one from Vaudreuil), but my attention was focused on the one being fired from L'ile-Bizard. Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VD1oBSwzbA

Extensive cloud cover, persistent rains and thunderstorms (some potentially heavy) are likely in many parts of Southern Quebec tonight and for St-Jean Baptiste due to a very humid and unstable airmass. A cold front will be triggering most of the thunderstorms and steadier rains, but conditions should be improving by evening, and so any fireworks displays scheduled for the 24th should be alright. A cool down as well as lower humidity is on the way for Friday following the passage of the cold front. This cold front, however, has recently been generating severe thunderstorms and tornadoes in Ontario in the last few hours.

I know this is a little off topic, but did anyone else feel the vibrations from that earthquake yesterday afternoon? The epicenter of the quake was centered roughly 60 km North of Ottawa with a depth of roughly 16 km (shallow), and the shaking could be felt from over a 1000 km radius (Chicago even reported the energy waves). The magnitude of the quake was 5.0 (moderate) and caused some minor damage principally in and around Ottawa.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020