Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Any predictions for the 2012 season?
. 1 . 2 . >>
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 13:23:36

Hey guys,

It has been just over a month's time since the conclusion of the 27th edition of the Montreal fireworks competition, and I thought that it would now be appropriate for us to begin making predictions as to what we may expect for the 2012 season. In your predictions, you may consider participating countries and their representing firms, potential themes, as well as the overall structure of the schedule (i.e. the number of entrants, total number of displays, the presence of an opening show, etc.). You are also free to share any rumors that you may have heard! Additionally, you are welcome to post your personal wishes as to which competitors you'd like to see.

I haven't yet come up with anything myself, but I will post my predictions in the near future. I've heard rumors, however, that Italy (Vaccalluzzo) will be amongst the participants next year.

Other than that, expect July-like weather for today (Friday, September 2nd) and this Labor Day weekend. Severe weather is also possible for both Saturday and Sunday (I will ongoingly be providing details for this on Facebook). Unfortunately, this could very well be our last chance to experience real Summer weather (and severe thunderstorms), so be sure to enjoy it, especially given that this is the Labor Day weekend (best days to enjoy are both today and Saturday)! As for what we can expect this Fall, we should see a generally average season in terms of temperature and precipitation, although rainfall amounts could still be exceeding the monthly norms. We could, however, be facing another typical Winter for 2011-2012, partly due to the re-emergence of La Nina (a weaker version of this past year's). More details on Fall and Winter later on.

So, what are YOUR predictions and/or wishes for the 2012 Montreal fireworks competition?

Trav.

Posted: Dec 2, 2011 19:52:37

Ah, no predictions this year?

Here are my personal predictions for the 2012 fireworks season:

Italy: Vaccalluzzo (or I.P.O.N SRL?)
China: Sunny International
Argentina: Fuegos Artificiales Jupiter
Spain: Pirotecnia Caballer
Australia: Foti International Fireworks
Portugal: Grupo Luso Pirotecnia
Canada: Garden City Display Fireworks (or maybe Fireworks Spectaculars?)
United States: Atlas Pyrovision Productions
France: Brezac Artifices (maybe Groupe F?)
Closing: Panzera S.A.S

That's my personal listing as to who I think will compete for 2012. Some of those competitors listed are also a part of my wishes as well, especially considering that I've never seen Italy, Spain and Portugal compete in the same year before! For Canada, I am assuming an outside-Quebec firm to appear, since, in recent years, we've seen alternating Quebec and non-Quebec firms. For the United States, I hope to see Atlas, although the selected company may very well be a new one. I would really love Pirotecnia Caballer to return, should Spain have a spot on the list, and it would be fantastic for Grupo Luso Pirotecnia to fire another display at Montreal, especially after the disappointing results in 2008. It's possible that Japan and Germany may make appearances, too. Over the years, I've been wondering if I'll ever again see I.P.O.N SRL in Montreal for Italy, but should Italy participate in 2012, and I.P.O.N SRL is not the representing firm, I would really love to see what Vaccalluzzo can do, especially given the positive feedback I've been reading about them in recent years concerning their displays! Seeing Groupe F for France would also be a real delight.

As for the schedule structure, I have a feeling that we will retain a one display per week scenario for the first three weeks before having bi-weekly performances thereafter. I'm sure that there will be a 30-minute closing show and that Panzera will devise it, along with the awards ceremony taking place just before the closing display on the same night. Hopefully, there will not be a tribute display in between the competion, but I am wondering if there may be an opening. Given my list, I am, of course, assuming 10 displays.

All that said, I think the biggest challenge that is yet to come is to predict the dominant weather patterns during each display! Hopefully, we will have a perfect weather record for 2012, as we did in 2004.

Trav.

Posted: Dec 3, 2011 18:23:10

Here's my predictions for the 2012 edition but they are more like wishes

Italy - Vaccalluzzo
Spain - Ricasa
South Korea - Hanwha
China - Dancing Fireworks
England - Jubilee Fireworks
France - Pyragric
Argentina - Jupiter
U.S.A - pyrotecnico
Germany - I.P. Innovative
Portugal - Luso Pirotecnia

Vander

Posted: Dec 10, 2011 23:32:57

I'm guessing that we'll be hearing news about the 2012 schedule sometime soon?

Trav.

Posted: Jan 3, 2012 18:25:26

Are there any other personal predictions before the new schedule is revealed?

Trav.

Posted: Jan 17, 2012 15:04:21

i wonder when the 2012 schedule will be announced? it seems pretty late this year...

Posted: Jan 18, 2012 18:33:33

I recall that the "full" schedule was released on the forum until early February last year. However, we at least had some insight as to the participating countries well before then. I guess things are different this year, but this does serve to keep the anticipation mood flowing during these frosty, dark months!

Trav.

Posted: Jan 18, 2012 19:02:09

I can't say anything, but there is a very good reason why the schedule was not released early this year.

Nothing to worry about, though. Stay tuned !

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 11:29:44

I can't say anything, but there is a very good reason why the schedule was not released early this year.

You're teasing us! We're all desperate to find out when and who is competing this year!

Paul.

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 11:46:27

Schedule will be out on February 15th. Keep your bets open !

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 12:59:57

there is a very good reason why the schedule was not released early this year.

I'm really wondering what the "very good reason" is! If it's a good reason, then it should be obvious, but I can't put my finger on it! Ah well, all will be revealed on February 15th, as Mylene stated above, so I'll just play guessing games until then!

Well, we've arrived in February, and I am more than delighted to say that January is FINISHED. We can also now freely say that Spring is next month, although I'm hoping for some good news from the groundhogs tomorrow!

Cheers,

Trav.

Posted: Feb 10, 2012 14:45:53   Edited by: Enkil

According to La Ronde's 2012 calendar, I'm assuming below is the schedule:

June 30 (Sat)
July 7 (Sat)
July 14 (Sat)
July 17 (Tue)
July 21 (Sat)
July 24 (Tue)
July 27 (Fri)
July 31 (Tue)
August 3 (Fri)

A total of 9 shows.

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 14:54:22   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

The schedule will be out in 2 days?

I saw on Mylene's blog that there will/might be a new country... I'm guessing that would be Russia represented by Khan Fireworks.

Vander

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 09:05:35   Edited by: fireworksforum

I just heard from Martyne Gagnon that the schedule announcement has been postponed until February 22nd!

However, if you go to this site: http://www.croisieresaml.com/fr/_destinationproduit.php?iddest=9&idpro d=62&idprodparent=55 then you'll get a hint of what may well be the countries participating. Of course, none of this is guaranteed to be accurate!!

Paul.

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 09:55:10

If that was an accurate list of countries, it looks like a very interesting line up!

Vander

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 10:05:29

If that was an accurate list of countries, it looks like a very interesting line up!

That's the $64,000 question - if it's accurate! I hope so!!

Paul.

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 10:50:57

I had today embedded in my head since Mylene mentioned February 15th, but I had a feeling that the full/confirmed schedule announcement would be postponed somehow!

Assuming that's the schedule structure, though, it is very mumble jumble, and it's likely that this will lead to much confusion for many spectators!

Trav.

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 11:03:28

I believe the dates are correct - the move to Tuesdays in July is something to do with construction on the Jacques Cartier Bridge as far as I understand. The time between a Saturday display and a following Tuesday is just the same as a Wednesday followed by a Saturday, so it should have no impact on the setup. It will just be strange going to watch on a Tuesday!

Paul

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 12:41:59

And on fridays too...

Mylene.

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 13:13:21

And on fridays too...

Oooh, that's right. I was thinking there was just one Friday, but there's two! I like that idea - then it leaves the weekend free for other things!

Paul.

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 15:15:38

Also, on the Croisiere Laval-mtl site, it says 'Le programme de L’’International des Feux Loto-Québec 2012 est maintenant confirmé.', but they don't announced the countries. So I guess the schedule saturdays-tuesdays-fridays is right.

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 15:29:44

The most reliable evidence about the schedule has been pointed out by Enkil. The updated 2012 calendar on La Ronde website shows that only these 9 nights feature a 11:30pm closing time.

Fred

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 15:33:50

too.

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 15:48:31

The most reliable evidence about the schedule has been pointed out by Enkil. The updated 2012 calendar on La Ronde website shows that only these 9 nights feature a 11:30pm closing time.

In the old days they used to keep the park open until midnight! But at least we have a clear idea that the dates, at least, are correct.

Paul.

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 13:10:36

I thought that I should just state some last minute guesses.

Assuming that Canada's participant is from outside Quebec this year, I doubt that Fireworks Spectaculars will be the associated firm, given that the team is already participating in the 2012 Philippines International pyromusical. My guess would be Garden City Display Fireworks for Canada. I also understand that Grupo Luso Pirotecnia will be taking part in the Quebec City competition in July, so it is unlikely that they will be present in Montreal this year. In that case, maybe we can expect a return of Macedo's Pirotecnia?

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow (hopefully, no more delays!) in learning the identities of the representative firms.

Trav.

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 15:34:28   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

I read that the Quebec City competition isn't sure if it will happen this year so there's still some chance for Luso to come back! I would love to see FAE or Apogee for Canada. If Greece is really the new country, it will surely be Nanos fireworks who will do the show! I like that firm and pretty much any firm from Japan will do a great job! Also wish Switzerland won't be Bugano, maybe pyrostars or Sugyp will be a better choice.

Vander

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 15:40:04

I keep wondering who from USA? Does anyone have any idea?

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 16:51:21

All will be revealed at 10:00am tomorrow, February 22nd 2012. I think everyone will be happy with the participants

Paul.

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 17:50:06

I, too, hope to see different companies for both Switzerland and Japan, although it is nice to see a Japanese display after what is going to be eight years, nonetheless! I just wish that Australia could have been a part of the listing, though!

I'm also glad to hear that there is still a possibility for Grupo Luso Pirotecnia to appear!

I think everyone will be happy with the participants

I'm sure that we will.

Cheers,

Trav.

Posted: Feb 21, 2012 22:02:58

Paul, based on that comment, I expect Ipon SRL will be back this year :P

Anyways, having the competition back for another summer is always delightful news to make the snow melt in my head

Dan
. 1 . 2 . >>

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020