Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Problem selecting seats
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 18:39:58

My wife and I have attended 3 to 5 Montreal fireworks shows each year for the last 16 years. For the last 10 years, we have purchased tickets for bleacher seats at La Ronde, and rented a hotel room in Longueil for the night of our visits since it is a 180 mile drive from Montreal to our home in Vermont. As regulars at the shows, we have a good idea where we want to be seated (sections 303, 304, or 305 at least halfway up). We always purchase tickets in advance online, and in the past we have been able to choose suitable seats. Last year that was a little tricky - one had to repetitively request seats, turn them down and try again, but ultimately acceptable choices would be offered.

This year, that does not seem to be possible. One is offered seats in section 302, and if one goes back and tries again one is simply offered the next seats in the same row in 302. I know of another couple who repeated their seat requests until every seat in 302 was exhausted, and they were simply switched to the start of Section 301.

When (after repeated attempts) I was finally able to reach an actual person at the La Ronde general information number, I was initially informed that all seats were already sold out except for the ones I was being offered. When I said I thought that was extremely unlikely, I was told that customer service at La Ronde could only access the same seats I was being offered on the net.

During the last decade the Montreal fireworks have become an integral part of our summers, and I have been vocal in telling acquaintances that until they see a Montreal show they don't know just how good a fireworks display can be. But this year we may not attend unless the seating issue can be resolved, not because we don't want to attend (I will, in fact, need to cancel hotel reservations) but because I do not wish to be shoehorned into a seat that I know may not allow me a full and unobstructed view of the low as well as high parts of the display. Of course, there is always the bridge, but without those megawatt speakers blasting the music at us at point-blank range I fear the experience will just not be the same.

I am posting this complaint to this website because I am hoping that one of its members will be able to advise me how I might proceed, or that someone at La Ronde (who can do something about it) will read it and be made aware that there is a genuine problem.

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 12:30:52

I had the same problem. It seems like once you put seats in your cart they are taken out of inventory, even if you remove them from your cart, for a certain amount of time. So you could try keep on adding and removing seats from your cart until you get the section you want. Not sure how long the timeout is as I eventually gave up and got seats in a different zone. I usually get silver but ended up getting in the bronze section this time...hope the view is good.

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 13:35:50

I've reported this to the powers that be at La Ronde so hopefully I'll be able to give you an update soon.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.024