Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Ringing sound
Last poster Message

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 23:53:52   Edited by: Admin

Hi friends. I am here for my 8-year-old son. He loves fireworks and crackers. He needs them in all our celebrations and social gatherings. But recently, he is experiencing some hearing issues in his right ear. He cannot hear properly with his right ear. Could it be because of firecrackers? I came across an article which says that the safest distance where a cracker should be set is 3 feet away and the sound should be around 150 decibels. Last week, he had a close encounter with the crackers. It exploded around 6 inches away exposing his right ear. He experienced a ringing sound for nearly 10-15 minutes. Then the ringing sound vanished after that and he didn’t experience any problems that day. So he kept mum. Now, he is again experiencing some issues like ringing sound every 3-4 hours which lasts only for 3 minutes. I am planning to take him for a hearing test in Toronto tomorrow.

Before that, I would like to know whether anyone here had experienced similar problems?

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 08:31:38

Hearing loss and tinnitus (the medical term for ringing in the ears) is a problem for many in the fireworks industry. I'm a bit suspicious about your post as firecrackers are not legal in Toroto - so I've deleted the link to the hearing aid website you posted as I suspect you're merely trying to shill for them. Many people who work with fireworks use ear defenders to protect their hearing. If your son is playing with firecrackers, make sure he is not throwing them at his friends (and vice versa).

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.018