Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Ticket price
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 15:47:06   Edited by: fredbastien

This thread is about the price of tickets, a topic started by Chris in the section dedicated to the Australian show:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum =10&topic=590&page=0&anchor=11

First, Chris, I confirm to you that there's no cheaper ticket to get a seat at La Ronde without an access to the rides. A discount targeting seasonpass holders was available for Sunday and Wednesday displays this year (the holders entered in the park with a seasonpass and get a seat in Bronze section for 5$ ) .

I am totally agree that 45$ per ticket (about 50$ including Admission's fees) is too expensive for a 30-minute show, especially for people who are not interested by rides. I add that it is my opinion that the actual price of 41$ for a one-day ride admission at La Ronde is over-priced, since the poor management of this amusement park (most roller costers do not run with their full capacity = longer queues, ride ops are very slow and unprofessional, many mechanical problems are not fixed quickly enough, some areas are disgusting, customer service is deficient, rides do not reopen after most firework shows...).

I see the result of this over-pricing policy. Unless a change for the closing show, no firework have been produced in front of a capacity audience this year. I think that it is the first time in the history of the Montreal International Firework Contest that this happens. On non-firework days, I feel that the crowd is smaller than last years, which is a dramatic situation since a 19-million$ roller coaster has been added this year!

In this context, the firework competition appears as an event which is too good to fit with this poor amusement park. The quality of the shows and the energy of La Ronde's crew of pyrotechnicians contrast a lot with the rest of the company.

Fred

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 16:03:45

Fred,

Do you know what the costs are for a season pass?

Trav.

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 16:26:38

100$ (taxes included).

Fred

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 16:43:08

That's actually not that bad compared to if you wanted to buy individual tickets for each show.

In any case, I might be considering to attend some of the displays at La Ronde next year, so I wanted to know the current rates.

I also wanted to view Panzera from La Ronde this year, but I don't think that's going to happen, unfortunately.;(

Man, where did Montreal fireworks 2006 go?

Thanks for response.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 16:53:00

Just before La Ronde opens, there's a discount on the season pass. I think this year the total price was around $80, which works out at only $8 per display. I don't know if there is the possibility to buy a seat for a supplement though.

I remember a few years ago there were special packages of seats for three or more fireworks displays which gave a reasonable discount - I would also think that a package of tickets for all ten shows would be popular if the price was right. At the moment, it would cost over $450 plus taxes and admission.com fees to see all ten for one person - which is a lot of money. I often wondered why the package-deal was withdrawn - perhaps true pyromaniacs (like the people on this forum) are a bit rarer than we might imagine!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 17:06:45

Hi Paul,

How much time, before the park opens, is the discount offer available? 80 bucks is totally reasonable by comparison to solely attending every display just to buy tickets to get seats without riding, although I love to ride.

And another question, have the prices for season passes remained relatively constant this year to prior years, or do the rates gradually increase with time?

Trav.

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 17:09:50

Exactly, but paying 80-100$ for a season pass (or 8$ per show) is not bad. Only that finding someone who's willing to get a season pass and go with me for each fireworks night is the problem. It would be pretty damn boring to go there alone, at La Ronde! Besides, I'd like to enjoy the rides also...

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 17:16:22

Enkil,

I know what you mean when you refer to your solo attendance. The problem is to find someone who equally would want to go with you as well as to enjoy the rides. I would love to get a season pass at that price since it would be truly worth it. It's just all these underlying variables that tend to squander your judgement.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 17:28:11

You Guys! Surely you know that I'm there at every fireworks display? There would be no need to be alone! I could even introduce you to the other maniacs like Fred. No-one is ever alone at the fireworks!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 18:47:52

Paul,

I never really thought about that. You know, it would be an honor to meet you after I've witnessed your fine prowess since I've known you as of 2003. It would also be a great privilege to meet Fred, too. Where do you usually sit, anyways? Would you give us a tour and such? (I'm over garrulous)

I know exactly what you're saying, but I hate it when I'm subjected to contumacy and pessimism! On the other hand, I'd be very nervous to meet you fellows at La Ronde! I can see it now in respect to what I would say "Hello Paul, I'm Smoke/Trav!"

On a side note, do you like to ride, as well?

Trav.

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 18:55:23

Yes, Paul, there is an annual discount for the season pass, usually from the opening until the the first days of June. This year, it was a 10$-discount, so 90$ rather than 100$ (taxes included).

Yes, Trav, the price has increased annually since many years, about 5$ per year (+10$ this year).

That's true that 9$ or 10$ per display is good, but you do not have a seat at this price. The best stand-up place is along the fence in the main midway, just behind the Silver section. I have been there for a couple of year. To get a place right along the fence, however, you have to be there at least two hours before the show.

I have often heard that a discount is available for season pass holders each firework day. Something like an extra 20$ for one seat. The 5$ promotion for some selected show was new, this year. I am sure that the marketing team introduced it because the crowd was lower than expected...

Also, Paul is right, it is easy to meet other fanatics inside the park. First, you can join some participants in this forum. Second, you would meet other people if you go always at the same place. There are many people who attend to every displays! And it is always a pleasure to meet them year after year. It is a shame that this "social" part of the competition will finished tomorrow...

Fred

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 01:16:04

Salut

Moi aussi je trouve cà trop cher de payer jusqu'à 50$ peut-être plus pour voir les feux de la RONDE. Cà veut juste dire que c'est réservé aux bien nantis.On nous dit que le détenteur des billets a accès à tous les maneges...Ah ah ah ...D'une part il y a les gens comme moi quui ne sont pas très friands des manèges et d'autre part avez-vous déjà calculé le nombre de manèges qu'on peut faire durant une journée de feu ??
Il y a un special réservé aux ex-juges comme moi.C'est bien mais d'une année à l'autre cà suit les augmentations de la ROnde
Il y a lieu je crois que la Ronde revise tout cà. J'aime bien l'idée des packages comme le propose Paul.

Voilà l'opinion d'un passionné des feux.

Roger

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 12:46:27

Roger, je suis tout à fait d'accord avec toi concernant le nombre très limité de manèges intéressants qu'il est possible de faire les jours de feux. Le pire, c'est que cette situation n'est pas seulement attribuable à l'achalandage qu'il y a ces jours-là, mais aussi à l'état pitoyable de l'organisation du parc. Mercredi dernier, un ami et moi avons attendu 65 minutes pour faire Le Monstre, lequel ne fonctionnait qu'avec un train par piste au lieu de deux, soit à 50% de sa capacité d'accueil. En plus, les manèges ne sont plus ouverts après la plupart des feux, ce qui poussent à peu près tout le monde vers la sortie dès les feux terminés, plutôt que de pouvoir prolonger le plaisir...

Fred

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019