Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› An interesting fireworks site.
Last poster Message

Posted: Mar 8, 2007 00:16:39   Edited by: Smoke

Hi guys,

Really, it has been much too long since I've posted any sort of message on this forum (though I've been keeping up to date with all the activity thus far), but I'd like to attempt to gain my frequent appearences here once again. The weather has kept me busy for the past few months, not to mention my studies, but hey, we're in the glorious transition month of March. In addition, we can expect a wonderful return flow of warm weather (like what was seen on Saturday), although we'll have to put up with it for an extra day (Friday), unlike Southern Ontario.

Anyhow, a friend of mine has stumbled upon a very neat fireworks website that displays very beautiful effects and a magnificent array of varying levels of shells in mixture with other low level effects to enforce the wide variety of intrinsic and flamboyant colors used. He has decided to share the link with me and introduce the content of the site, as he knows that I'm a big fireworks fanatic.

The pictures are very nicely taken and the angle perspectives are very well considered. The videos are something that should be viewed as well, especially if you, like me, want to increase the anticipation level of what we can expect from our extravagant competition this year. A lot of the videos that I saw on the site were pretty good, while some had ideal intensity from time to time. I think you'll find quite a bit to view there, and a lot of the effects should be familiar.

http://www.larosa-fireworks.it/ita/index.htm

The site is presented by La Rosa Fireworks.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Mar 9, 2007 14:16:32

Oh yes, on a side note, don't forget to advance your clocks one hour forward (yes, it is a month and 1/2 earlier than the conventional transition time) later tonight into tomorrow.

The reasoning for it is a little vague, but based on what I've learned, it relates to energy conservation in addition to reducing the amount of car accidents, not to mention putting a smile on many people's faces, including yours truly. However, it's simultaneously the opposite for many individuals, such as with regards to farming and schedule making in general, as it upsets many habitual things that they're already used to.

Anyhow, we'll get used it, just like we always do, but I'm very happy about the relatively early movement, as it extends our longer days for an extra month and 1/2! Moreover, the weather is seriously improving (thank goodness) from tomorrow onwwards, but we may have to put up with a bit of freezing rain, or a Wintery mix, as that warm front moves in before it predominantly changes everything over to rain tomorrow.

***And I hope you all loved the link in my previous message.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 10, 2007 10:26:06

Again, to correct, I meant to say that we advance the clocks one hour forward tonight.

Enjoy the warmth guys; we've certainly earned it.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019