Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Nostalgia - 1999 Panzera Finale video
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 28, 2007 14:53:07   Edited by: fireworksforum

Here it is in its entirety - you have to watch right to the end so as not to miss the surprise. Now this is how finales used to be done in the good old 1990s!

Enjoy!

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/Video/panzera1999_finale.mpg

Note it's around 67Mbytes long.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 28, 2007 15:46:02   Edited by: Enkil

Yeah! Compare this finale to the ones we've been having for the past two or even four years. What a contrast.

Last year, not only the finale was nothing like this, but we didn't even get to see those traditional barrage of salutes. A few years ago, they used to end the show with those salutes, but in this clip, they continue, and we can almost say that there are three finales.

As Smoke pointed it out in the other thread, the finale in 1996 (and 1997) was also excellent. I still remember Panzera 1997 and all those shells of shells at the end, very memorable!

Posted: Jul 28, 2007 16:12:15   Edited by: Smoke

Why, why, why? Why can't we get big endings like this anymore?! You guys know how much I refer to the 1990s on this forum!

Yeah, I completely agree! I know Enkil and I kept babbling on how great the 90s were for the past few years. I want the decade to be revived in terms of finale vehemence. Now that would be nostalgia.

Any chance we'll see something like this tonight or even better?

Trav.

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 14:41:28

Hi Paul,

I was wondering if you had wanted to add this video to the "member only videos" section - I think it would be a great addition along with other display vids you or we come across from the 90's. I suppose you could title it "Displays/Finales from the good old 1990's".

I just decided to revive this thread as I didn't want it to be submerged within the older topics, and therefore forgotten, without having the video link more easily accessible.

What a powerful finisher this was. I still remember it so vividly when I was viewing it live.

Trav.

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 18:54:52

Trav,

thanks for reviving this thread. The video is now under the Member's Only Video section. And what a finale it was - the 1990s were certainly The Good Old Days in many respects!

Paul.

Posted: Oct 18, 2008 23:39:53

Paul,

No problem - got to keep the 90's alive. lol You're right, though, to say that the 1990's were certainly the good old days with regards to the fireworks, and in general. A decade never to forget.

Thank you kindly for adding the video - it looks great there along side the other vids in the list! Wish I could get the soundtrack used to support the finisher, though. Dance and techno are definitely the way to go as choices for a finale, and it really shows, too, in the vid, not to mention making the feeling so hyped. I particularly am quite enamored with it being a big fan of 80's-90's dance, trance and techno.

If anyone is familiar with the title of that soundtrack, I'd greatly appreciate it if you threw me a name.

Trav.

Posted: Nov 5, 2009 01:53:19

I can't seem to get enough of this finish. What a great way to end such a wonderful decade - that is, the 1990's.

I'm still attempting to retrieve finale videos from the 90's, but no luck.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025