Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› All video links
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 17:30:00

Here's a new topic for video links in general - so we don't drift on the other topics such as "The Best:".

Since we've been talking Luso, and I posted the Luso 2005 finale, I've now put up a link to the "Ritmo" segment of their 2005 display - that's the segment where a rhythm track was done using different sized salutes fired precisely using MagicFire electronic igniters. Take a look in the Member Only Videos section

Paul.

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 17:48:25

Just looked through the video and holy crap! I still remember the way that piece was done-such incredible sequencing, and such beautiful rhythm between low and mid levels with almost every little crackle! Think I'll watch it again.

You know, it almost feels like the competition is still on!

Thanks again, Paul.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 18:01:17

I'm from Spain, and here the salutes are something very common in our displays...(also in Portugal and Italy). When I saw this part of the show in live I though it was a master piece.

However I think the jury didn't understand the idea of this sequence...

I remember from this show 3 particulars things:

-The 3D ring.
- The "Ritmo" sequence.
- The " Barbatuques" section.(Only mines and perfec timming).-Have you got the video?-

It was a really great show. Thanks for sharing !!!!!

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 19:27:21

Paul,

Do you think it's possible to revive the links of Pierre's videos? I'm asking because there were some excellent finales there as well, including Panzera and Caballer of 2004. Similarly, it would be great to see the videos of 2003 as well. I managed to find the thread of Pierre's videos of good old 2004:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum =4&topic=261&page=1

And yes, Rovira, this sequencing was simply superbe, and Luso did such a fantastic job executing it so cleverly. Germany of this year did some nice on-cue sequencing as well, though that particular piece involved very small bright mines synchronized with xylophone notes. U.S.A of 2003 also had some nice rhythm in their "Grease Lightning" part, too.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 06:39:51

This is probably the best thread in here ever!! hehehe! I'm so excited to see the other full displays such as luso 2002!! oh yeah thanks for doing this thread!!!! Now i'm sure your gonna get a lot of people posting again even though the competition's done!

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 16:00:34

^^^
Indeed, it is one of the best of threads, and it proves the popularity of finale discussions. lol

Take a look at part of Canada 2002's (Ampleman) finale, which was very powerful, and was one that I was referring to as part of my list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwh3s0HYnBM

Too bad it's only 13 seconds...I want to see the whole thing! I bet you guys couldn't get enough...

Trav.

Posted: Sep 15, 2007 16:26:47   Edited by: Smoke

I'll give a million bucks to someone who can find me Spain 2001's(Igual) finish, including the faux finale.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 17, 2007 16:39:55

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I may have found a video for the IPON finale in 2004. Its not the video where the guy keeps moving his camera away from the fireworks to show his girlfriend, so we get to see the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaJnOF_a8cc&mode=related&search=

Posted: Sep 17, 2007 19:17:51   Edited by: Smoke

canuck,

Yeah, I've seen that clip since Enkil introduced it on this forum as a surprise for Pierre. Indeed, that's Italy (IPON) 2004, though I wish the guy in the other video kept focus on what was happening with the finale the entire time, and then seeing the expression on his girlfriend's face when it was done! But who am I to complain? This is way better than not seeing it at all, right?

This was a very cool video as well, and I still remember the way IPON finished off with those massive volleys of salutes at the very end. I hope Pierre sees this one! I think I'll email it to him since he's been dying to see it ever since.

Thanks a lot, canuck. This video just made my night!

Trav.

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 17:16:52

Hey guys,

Meh, today is the first day of Fall-it arrived early this morning. But who cares, it still feels like Summer out there, and will continue to feel that way for a little while longer, or at least early Summer. September has been good to us for the most part since it started, so that's good.

Anyhow, here's some clips that were uploaded on this forum from 2003, including the Panzera finale of that year. The other 2 are from U.S.A and Argentina, but are not the finales, just some equally enjoyable segments. I decided to upload them on Youtube and bring them back here for us all to see, especially for the users that did not see them that year. Watching these reminds me of when I first joined this forum over 4 years ago...

Panzera finale 2003:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rueDFnCiTQ

U.S.A 2003 (Grease Lightning!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSTSUH2WN2w

Argentina 2003:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q93OFmsjMwI

Cheers,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 22:02:14

Trav,

Thank you very much for sharing - the videos are all great!

It was a very nice surprise to see that you posted these 2003 videos, especially considering I've been working on editing together a 2007 Competition DVD for a good chunk of the day.

Also, Fall seems to get such a bad rap. Probably only because it puts an end to the summer. On the bright side, Fall brings the Fireworks Symposium to Montreal this year, so it's not all bad!

All the best this coming week everyone,
TRae

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 01:42:46

TRae,

It was no problem, my friend. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed them so much. I was also posting these clips here once again since it reminded me a lot of this forum when it was in its early developing days in 2003, and these were some of the first videos that we got to see then.

U.S of 2003 really did an amazing job that year, but their finale was also so breathtaking with such rapid transitions in beautiful rich colors-possibly the most dramatic I've ever seen. The Grease Lightning segment in that clip was also really cool, especially with the lightning simulation at the bottom, while perfectly on cue as well. Argentina was also an interesting display, and I really do love that Vengelis soundtrack!

I was hoping to put Canada's segment there, but I seemed to have misplaced it. In that clip, you'll notice that the song was also used in the Canadian performance of this year as well, which I remember distinctively (it also brought back some intense memories that night of the 18th when the song was playing again!).

Again, glad to see that you enjoyed the clips, TRae.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 03:11:18

Oh That American display was one of the reaosns why im in this forums and why i liked fireworks! I loved it the first time i watched it! I'm looking forward to seeing the full videos of that american plus the candaian display of that yearas i heard that paul has them!

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 09:13:22

I do have the video of the entire US display from 2003 and will be posting it sometime between now and the start of next year's competition. As I promised earlier, one video per month to keep us going till next year!

Paul.

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 11:34:16

I have these videos... I think they're on the net, on the official montreal fireworks web page.

I love the american piece. And of course the Panzera's finale....the ode to joy is a great track for the finale...It was one of the first videos I saw about the Montreal Fireworks Competition..That's why I'm here now...

Today is holiday in Barcelona and this night Igual will shot the popular pyromusical. I will try to upload the video as I did the last year.

See you ...

Ps: Please....Upload the american video ( 2007 ) THANKS !!!!!

Rovira

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 19:18:41

Oh! I wonder what igual will show in barcelona! please upload the whole show!

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 01:11:01

I decided to repost some of Pierre's finale clips of 2004 on Youtube. Before I uploaded them, I wanted to get Pierre's permission first, and he recently gave me the go ahead, so I'll post the links for you guys here. I'd also like to thank Enkil for resending these for me upon request after I misplaced them. Without further delay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IctS_-Xv8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH1Sa_Noz78

As it is with Pierre's viewpoint, the fireworks videos are taken from the bridge. Thank you, Pierre, for these wonderful videos-they really brought up some serious nostalgia, as always, for me! Good old 2004....

Enjoy.

Trav.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 11:01:38

Please boys take a look. The youtube ampleman acccount uploaded some segments of their shows in 2004 and 2002. Here the entier finale from 2002:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=eERYwRbEz8I

Take a look on their account to see more videos about the competition.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 12:52:16

Thanks a lot for this, Rovira! Yeah, I remember Canada 2002 - it had one of the best finales that year, along with Portugal as well. I think Ampleman picked up the bronze that year, which was pretty neat to see. Now that I've seen this, there's still so many other great finales that I want to view again, especially Spain 2001!

Thanks again,

Trav.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 14:24:42   Edited by: Rovira

Yes me too...... Igual didn't answer my e-mail, so If you want to try do it. It wold be great to see at least the finale .

Question for REFLECTIONS: Are you iluuvan in Feuerwerk.net?

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 15:22:20

I actually sent an email out to Igual only no more than a couple days after you sent yours. As with you, I too have not received any response as of yet, but we'll see what happens down the line. Keep your fingers crossed until then!

Trav.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 02:54:02

yes! that's me! hehe!! and yes i did say hi to you there ahahha!

vander

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 06:34:31   Edited by: Rovira

It's December 1. A new video is comming, right? hehehhehehehe.

Will be the american display?

Please do it as fast as possible!!! I'm hungry !!!!;-)

Rovira

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 08:15:16

i can't wait as well!! it has been december 1 here already lol!! already 9:17 pm of december 1 ahahahaha!! i wish it's a display by performance pyrotechnics!! eric tucker! wahahaha!! or maybe something by ipon again!! hmmmmm!! or maybe luso's or atlas or royal! waaaa too much choices hahaha!!!

vander

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 12:07:51   Edited by: Smoke

I also don't mind if it's Spain 2000 (Caballer) since that was a great performance, too. I'm still itching for Spain 2001 (Igual), though.

I'm sure Paul always has a tough time picking out a video since so many displays are excellent from the past!

Trav.

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 12:58:20

Oh yes !!!!!!! Caballler 2000...or even Portugal 2002...or even USA 2007...or even Spain 2001..or even ....Guys, you have to be proud of your competition, you have so many excelents displays. I think this is the mother of all fireworks competitions.

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 20:48:19

I think this is the mother of all fireworks competitions.

It is, although I prefer calling it the "Queen" of all fireworks competitions.

In addition to the displays you specified, it would be nice to see all the displays I've mentioned in that list in your thread "the best". I believe I included Portugal 2002 and Spain 2001 in there as well.

Trav.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 07:07:00

oK, Not the mother but the Queen !!!!!!!!!!

Please, it's christmas time....we want a very very very good video to celebrate that jesus was born 2041 years ago !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 09:31:21

Wow Rovira, that's a pretty strong and concise argument.

If I'm not mistaken, Paul intended to have my videos of the 2007 Symposium added to the Member Only section for December. I'm sure that most of you who will download them have seen them on Youtube, but the quality on YouTube is revolting. It will be well worth it to have a good quality video - plus the videos are over an hour in total.

My guess is that Paul is busy at the moment, hence there not being a new video, or videos, for the month. Hold tight people!

And long live the Queen!

Tyler

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 11:15:59

I know I shouldn't say that but...I would rather to see a video from the Competition than the videos of the 2007 Symposium. I've seen them on Youtube, they're nice but I would like to see a new show.

Moreover I have your videos on my computer, I used a web page where you can download videos from youtube.

Long live the Queen !!!!!

Rovira

Page loading time (sec.): 0.024