Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› October is coming!
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 06:19:09

I just wanted to say that a new month is coming which means that a new video is also gonna be uploaded!! it's a perfect gift for my birthday hehhehehe!!

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 10:16:32   Edited by: Rovira

I'm waitting for the new video too!!!!

To start with something I leave you a video uploaded and edited by myself from the company Prestatech.

They're one of my favourite french companies. Their displays are very sensitive and different. I think Montreal should invite this companie for the next year. They've won two time Les nuits de feu, and they participated at the nuit de feu championship. Also they did the show at the eiffel tower (as other french companies) in 2003 and they participated also in Cannes.

The video: http://www.mediafire.com/?8zvbwwdjvcr

I love this show...calm but very well done, very sensitive .

Please, opinions.

Ps: Thanks to www.Pyroworld.nl for the video.

Rovira

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 10:31:01

Was this their nuits de feu show last year?? this was really good specially one part where the sounds of the fireworks were used really nicely! prestatech is my next french favorite after groupe f!! hehehe! their very creative and very deep when it comes to design!

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 10:45:47

Well i disagree with you.... I prefer Lacroix than Groupe-F.

From my point of view Groupe-f has a perfect marketing. They think (and say) they're very creatives. OK, they're creative but only in some ways.

Let me explain...Groupe-F always do the same. ALWAYS. Always single shots. The 80% of their displays are single shots. And belive me, I love single shots. From my point of view Groupe-F is a great company but not a great fireworks factory. The design is ok but their displays always have a bad taste.

Only one or two displays from Groupe-F were a masterpiece. One of them the Eiffel tower fireworks in 2000.

I prefer (from France) Prestatech or Lacroix, not Groupe-F.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 10:55:08

Oh! The only reason why i love group f is because i've only seen one display from them and it really gave me like a nostalgia! That's the clip in la ronde's website hehehehe!!! That's what i have heard about group f though! If you've seen one of their display, that means that you've seen them all! And also another problem with them i think is that the way they always try to incorporate performers in their shows!! hehehehe!!!

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 17:45:48   Edited by: Smoke

Nice video, Rovira. The display was very nicely sequenced, especially in the precision of the fireworks at ground level (mines and candles) with the musical notes just past midway of the video(reminded me somewhat of Germany of this year). I was also particularly fond of the sequence of shell explosions from right to left (and vice versa on the other side), while both clusters moving outward and away from each other, which was seen at about 3:57. The finale was particularly interesting with the rapid firings of bright gold shells, and of course the nice final barrage of salutes following that piece.

As for Groupe F, I personally loved their performance in Montreal back in 2005, though it still is disappointing that both them and Sweden did not get a place on the podium that year. They did an excellent job in 2005, not to mention having the best finale of that year as well.

Not really looking too much forward to October, as the days progress in getting shorter and the air gradually becomes much cooler on average, though we're getting an excellent start in weather (21-25 C ) for the first few days of the month, much like last year. However, I am looking forward to seeing the new video, so I do agree with you, reflections of earth, in that respect!

Trav.

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 21:22:47

Here we go videofans, a new video is posted. No, it's not the US display as I had a camera problem - but don't worry, I will be putting up the full video at some point before the competition next year :smile:

So I posted France's excellent display from this year.

Enjoy (and use whatever player you need to make the sound work for you - everything works fine for me and I know that people have luck with vlc).

Paul.

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 09:34:09

Thank you very much !!!! The display was great. The first part is Ok. But the second one is great... A very nice show from France.

The opening is one of the worst openings I've ever seen in Montreal...As I said there is a lack of creativity. However the show is good.

Thank's Paul !!!!

Ps: Is it possible to improve the video quality ?¿

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 09:47:50

It was very creative but you have to be a deep person to understand it! hehe!! It was similar to their shows in cannes! I loved the part before the finale!

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 10:28:02

Yes yes...the second part of the display is very creative and of course DEEP.... the sequence with the song Hanging by Craig Armstrong is a very deep part and perfectly timmed. As always French companies are deep and sensitives, and this is a good example.

However I think we have to admit that the opening and some sequences are not very creative. From my point of view the display is good, sensitive and deep (in some parts), however we're talking about the most important fireworks competition.....a place where all companies have to spend hours and hours to design the show, this is not a common competition. And I suspect that the French company hadn't spend too much time too create his show (As you said, it was a display showed in Cannes....Cannes and Montreal are two different things...)

See you !!!!!

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 10:28:49

Ps: Is it possible to improve the video quality ?¿

There's not much I can do - the camera I used is really for taking photos, not videos. When I upload the US show, that should be better quality since it was made with a real video camera. Likewise some of the other shows from the past I'm going to post.

Paul.

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 15:27:02

Cool, thanks Paul! I will download the video tonight.

I remember the display very well and considered it a slight longshot to take home the Bronze Jupiter.

I remember that my immediate reaction to the display, after viewing it live, was that it fell short of my expectations for the competition. However, since I videotape the displays, when I watched the full display a third and fourth time, along with the soundtrack, I was really moved by it - almost everything from the balcony scene (with the primarily red/gold fireworks and the red-rainbow-ish sequence) to what I consider the most picturesque finale of the season, to me, was really touching.

Actually, seeing the entire display again will probably help answer to things that have been bothering me about the display:

1- What was the significance of the last firework shot off before the finale sequence (the part that Reflecions_Of_Earth liked best) which turned from gold to green?

and

2- What did the finale signify? Trav and I seemed to be in agreement that it symbolised the power of love - how it transcends even death - and represented Romeo and Juliet in the afterlife/heaven.

Anyway, a lot to look forward to. Thanks again!

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 18:48:56   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

I actually have no ieda what the part before the finale symbolizes! because we never learned romeo and juliet! we'll study it this year!! grade 9! But to me it was kinda like before their death they were enjoying the final days of their lives that's why the music was very powerful but yet the fireworks were calm and it looked somewhat represent their innocence! As for the finale it was the whole picture of love but then it also shows blood, how they both sacrificed, and it showed that everything finally had peace!!! That two parts was probably the best parts of the show! Sorry if my symbolizing isnt that accurate, that's because i have no idea of the story yet! i just know some parts!!

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 19:49:23

I guess I really am the only person who really disliked this performance. It really did nothing for me and was kind of boring for the most part.

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 04:28:18   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

I think that that's because this show was unusual in a way! They didn't use what most people thinks is really good! That is the one shot fireworks! Their main point was to make it as artistic as possible and it did show in the symetry! If you ask artists i tihnk that they would like this show a lot! It was very dramatic and emotional! You have to watch over and over to like it!

Vander

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 04:59:16

^^^^ I agree with you reflections...... first I didn' like the show, and now I think different. The last 10 minutes was very, very very emotional !!!!!!

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 07:35:55

Hehehehe That's the case with shows like this! The more you watch the more interesting you'll find it!

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 15:45:48

I never saw the France show, and haven't seen the video footage yet.
But I'm not so sure about reflections_of_earth's comment "Hehehehe That's the case with shows like this! The more you watch the more interesting you'll find it!

I like to see fireworks live. Watching video of them is nice and all, but it's not the same. It's not like a CD or a book that you can do over and over and change your opinions. This is a live experience, in the flesh! You feel the thwump of lift charges flashing, the excitement as you see tails rise into the sky, and you chest feels the thud of the break charge exploding. Emotions are evoked.
Watching on video can help you recall these feelings , and probably helps many designers correct sequences and lift times - but I much prefer seeing them live.

It's almost Halloween time... beware the spookies... and enjoy the fireworks if you have them in your neighborhoods.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 20:49:28   Edited by: Smoke

Agreed-the actual footage on video only gives some semblance of an idea as to what the display was designed, and is a totally different feeling than if you were there on site. Finales, in particular, are probably the best notable example in comparing the feeling of vehemence, as actually confronting them face to face always gives a greater level of power compared to as if you were watching it on video.

I remember the French display, especially since it fell on my birthday! I personally thought that it was a nicely designed show, but perhaps a little too redundant here and there. I recall most of the segments being quite identical to each other in power and speed, but as TRae mentioned, I also felt that the finale justified the power of love, while additionally encompassing all the various complex emotions that were felt during the display itself. Though most of the show was relatively slow moving and deviated from the typical excitement criterion, I personally found it to be a delicately concocted and inspiring performance.

Trav.

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 14:23:14   Edited by: RedBaron_nl

To start with something I leave you a video uploaded and edited by myself from the company Prestatech.

They're one of my favourite french companies. Their displays are very sensitive and different. I think Montreal should invite this companie for the next year. They've won two time Les nuits de feu, and they participated at the nuit de feu championship. Also they did the show at the eiffel tower (as other french companies) in 2003 and they participated also in Cannes.

The video: http://www.mediafire.com/?8zvbwwdjvcr

I love this show...calm but very well done, very sensitive .

Please, opinions.

Ps: Thanks to www.Pyroworld.nl for the video.

Hello Rovia,

why dit you re-editted my video and put wrong information on, and cut of my banners?

The video is not from 2004, but from 2006.

For the people who love to see more videos from Nuits the Feu 2006. Like the uncutted show from Prestatech. And shows from Luso Pyrotecnia (Portugal), Parente (Italy), Apogee (canada) and more

please follow this link to my video album: pyroworld video and photo album

Older movies from Nuits the Feu 2004 you can find over here:

Show 1: Brezac Artifice, France

Show2: Hendrickx & Lefeber, Belgium

Show 3: Igual, Spain

Show 4: Panzera SAS, Italy

Show 5: Luso Pyrotecnia, Portugal

Show 6: Pyrovision, Austria

Show 7: J. Couturier, France

Show 8: Pyrostars, Swiss

Show 9: Dayshow Fetes & Feux, France

Show 10: Prelude, Fetes & Feux, France

Show 11:Bouqet Dor, Prestatech France

Enjoy the videos (packed in zip)! in 2008 there wil be Nuits de Feu 12, 13 and 14 June 2008.

Greetz,

Jack.

co-owner Pyroworld.nl

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 20:55:15

Hey! I love your videos!! Specially the ones by Luso last year! Hey do you have group f's show from last year??

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 22:16:37   Edited by: Rovira

I'm really sorry. My only intention was to show a good display from Prestatech in this Forum to demosntrate that this company could be a candidate for the next seasons.

I reedited your video because it was too long and mediafire is not a very good uploader. I didn't want to hide your web page or the banners, at least it wasn't my intention.

Sorry, I will remove the video right now.

Thank's . Rovira.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022