Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› New Year eve Fireworks...
Last poster Message

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 09:44:10

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum format and I was wondering if any of you have heard who will be doing what in terms of fireworkson new year eve?

Is there any in Montreal or elsewhere in the area?

do you know who will be doing the one that are scheduled for the grand opening of the Quebec 2008 festivity on that nite?

Is there one in Ottawa as there was for Canada day? That was a huge one...

Thanks for the info!

Redfire

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 11:42:23   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Redfire,

I'm not entirely positive as to whether or not there are usually displays in Montreal for New Year's Eve, but I've heard there's some at the Old Port (not sure, though). However, like Canada Day, I think the biggest displays occur in Ottawa. I also believe that they commonly have some neat shows taking place at Niagara Falls as well as in Toronto.

And you're right to say that the Canada Day fireworks celebrations in the nation's capital are most spectacular!

Trav.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 20:30:33

Hi Redfire,

To build a little on what Trav mentioned, I know that there are traditionally fireworks at the old port as a part of the city's New Year's Eve celebrations - though from what I've heard, it's really just an afterthought on the part of the organizers of the outdoor event(s) at the old port.

I typically don't make a big fuss about New Year's and tend to stay home, but I will see if I can find out any further information.

Tyler

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 14:14:29

Indeed, it costs a fortune (I think almost 4000$[img]http://montreal-fireworks.com/forum/img/smilies/wink.gif[/img]. But there is a demo in their web page. It's funny and real, I prefer the Showsim's demo than the Rct3. Try it...

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 01:44:35

Does anybody know what kind of fireworks displays are put on for New Year's in New York City? I will be there from the 28th to 30th of December and I am wondering if it would be worth staying an extra day or two to catch new year's fireworks there.

I know that there is a very small number of fireworks in Times Square and have seen a video of a fireworks display in Central Park... and also, I believe, somewhere in China Town.

If anybody has any recommendations, I would appreciate it!

Tyler

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 12:55:30   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Tyler,

I always thought the biggest fireworks displays for New Years occurred either in Times Square or near the Statue of Liberty. The last time I had been to NYC was in 1994 at around the same time in welcoming the new year, and I think I remember a lot near the Statue of Liberty, but I'm not sure if that's still happening. If I find further information, I'll let you know.

On the subject, the biggest and most gorgeous fireworks displays for this occasion always tend to occur in Sydney, Australia, and I've been always wanting to see them in person. It would be perfect to view, especially now that the good folks there are into their beautiful warm Summer season.

Enjoy the trip to NYC!

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020