Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› HAPPY NEW YEAR (2008)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last poster Message

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 00:16:55

As always, I just want to wish everyone on this forum a very happy and peaceful new year, which also happens to be a leap year (yes, 4 years have gone already ).

In any case, here's some cheers to a brand new upcoming fireworks season with some hopefully excellent surprises in creativity as well as monstrous nonstop endings!

Enjoy the festivities and be sure to catch the fireworks taking place around the world on CNN or another channel of your choosing! I'm always happy to see all the celebrations, particularly those in Sydney, Australia!

Best wishes,

~Travis.~

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 08:41:22

happy new year!
i wish you had a fun and safe midnight!!
what fireworks did you have??
- i had 200 shot saturn missiles (bottle rockets), 9 silver crackling fountains with some red candles, 3 golden crackling fountains, 16 shots cake( palms with red, green, and blue ends and tails), 52 shots crackling chrysanthenum with a few color yellow orange blue red and green stars, 1 fanned fountain, 5 city lights, 6 ground strobes, and 6 chinese fountains hahaha!!

whoo a new video should be coming soon!

vander

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 19:45:48

Happy new year to you both, and to our fellow forum members.

Vander, I'm also looking forward to the new video! Did you take a video of your fireworks? I personally have not ever let off any fireworks... unfortunately.

Did anybody see the fireworks in Montreal? Any reviews?

I caught some fireworks highlights on CTV (in between Sopranos episodes). How was CNN's coverage Trav? I'd love to see an extensive video of yesterday night's display in Australia!

Oh, and I did not stay in New York for New Years Eve - I personally can't stay in that city for more than a couple of days!

Tyler

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 00:52:12   Edited by: Smoke

Happy new year to you as well, Tyler, and you, Vander.

I didn't really see any displays from Montreal on TV (I think there were some at the Old Port, though), but there were grand performances taking place at City Hall in Toronto to bring in the new year, as well as at Niagara Falls. Vancouver and Calgary had a neat display, too!

CNN's coverage was meh, but usually when they would show a display from different parts of the world, it would tend to be VERY brief, which was kind of annoying! The three minute intermissions in between were a displeaser, too, but I always love to see that giant ball drop during the last minute of the year at Times Square! I ended up flipping in and out on other channels in hopes of seeing better coverage, and I successfully ended up stumbling upon some stations that showed some excellent footage of the displays from China, England, Italy, France Taiwan, Australia, and many other countries later on after midnight as well as during the day yesterday! I really am always enamored by the displays that take place in Sydney, Australia, but I found a video of the show on youtube - they always do a magnificent job, especially with the bridge! Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgBAZXpVl-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfTBG3htPIc&feature=related

Speaking of that, it would be sweet if Michel LaCroix could do his impeccable countdown at Times Square for New Years, like he does for all the fireworks displays during the Summer here in Montreal!

Hope the trip to NYC was enjoyable! Again, happy new year, everyone!

Trav.

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 21:10:32

Salut tout le monde

Une année EXPLOSIVE pour vous TOUS

Roger

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 16:57:04

Happy new year to you too, Roger.

*It's also worth noting that it is indeed 10 years today where the mighty ice storm started its devastation in Southern Quebec. You'll probably see special coverage today on some news channels. I've already seen some nice photos and video on abc news, as well as The Weather Network.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.014