Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Losing control... of the control room!
Last poster Message

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 09:27:24

Pictures taken last week from Jacques-Cartier bridge and posted in another forum show obvious problems with the floating stage and the control room, which is partly flooded. I hope that the sophisticated equipment inside the room have been removed before winter.

http://thrillzone.invisionplus.net/index.php?mforum=thrillzone&showtop ic=847

Also, another picture show the dismantling of a major part of the Bronze section. I recall that, according to the official website, there is a different division of the seats this year: Gold, Silver Plus, Silver, and Bronze.

Anyone has more info?

Fred

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 20:48:05

Flooding has been a major problem across many places of Eastern Canada over the last week or so because of rapid runoff and rising water levels from fast snow melting in response to well above normal temperatures. In places like Ottawa and Montreal, the melting rate has been sustainable in most areas, although with the rains coming this weekend, as well as some on and off rains tomorrow (along with the risk of our first t-storm), localized flooding may eventually become more of an issue here. In any case, I too hope that all the equipment was successfully removed ahead of time.

Thanks for posting the news, Fred. I'll try to look up more on the Silver Plus section, but I think it's a really nice idea - it's amazing how much transformations the park has undergone since 2003. Anyhow, I wonder if the addition of a new section will increase the capacity of 33,000 spectators, assuming of course that the seating area is expanding substantially.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020