Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› 1984 Video Footage of La Ronde and Fireworks
Last poster Message

Posted: Apr 19, 2008 16:52:30   Edited by: Enkil

Yesterday, I watched a really fun and kewl movie named "Breaking All the Rules," which was released in 1985. Almost the entire movie was filmed in La Ronde, in summer 1984. It's one of those great teenage comedy movies that makes you laugh from start to end! I can tell you this movie is a lot better than many of today's comedy movies. It looks like a cross between Home Alone and Legally Blonde or There's Something About Mary, something like that...

I just wanted to show you guys a few clips of La Ronde in the mid-80s. You'll also get to see that famous ride "Montagnes Russes" ride, which was located where the Monstre is today. At the end, you'll see a 2 minutes fireworks display, but I don't know if it's from the 1985 competition. Or maybe, it was just for the movie.

I took a lot of time to edit the video, hope you enjoy it! And you should watch the movie, if you're big fan of La Ronde and its history!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON8uEySnXIo

Posted: Apr 19, 2008 20:51:41

Ah, the good Summer of 84 - the time when I was born.

Nice video, Enkil. At first I thought it was going to be a big clip from a display back in the 80's, but it looks like we got variety of things from this clip, including the small fireworks at the end. I really enjoyed the little background tour of La Ronde all over the park. I recognize a lot of the rides, too, but I didn't know some of them went back as far as the early 80's. They were also riding one of the rides I really enjoyed and repeatedly went on, which is now called the Diablo - at the time it was referred to as the Troika up till the early 90's. Finally, after seeing the Telefrique near the end there, I really miss it! To me, it was one particular ride that really defined the park and made it tenacious.

In any case, my closing comment is: 80's rule all the way! Certainly better than today's time under many circumstances....

Thanks again for sharing, Enkil! The latter part of the clip sort of reminded me of Home Alone.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.012