Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Saint-Jean Baptiste displays.
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 20:27:36   Edited by: Smoke

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if there's any fireworks displays going on at the Old Port tonight or tomorrow night? There's always local fireworks displays near my area and around the island, but I wanted to find out if there's any major ones occurring at the Old Port or elsewhere on the island. I know they have some fabulous performances at Quebec City, though.

Anyhow, I was searching online for any fireworks event for the occasion, but no luck. However, listen out tonight - you just might hear some booms happening all over in your neck of the woods.

EDIT: Heard about a nice display in Vaudreuil that always takes place every year - Paul had mentioned it to me last year. Did anyone see that one?

Trav.

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 23:24:21

I just saw some gorgeous fireworks from my own backyard window! The entire event was about 20 minutes and seemed to be occurring in Ile-Bizard - I could see the fireworks within 500 meters of my place. I saw a variety of things, including screaming serpents, salutes, shells of bright white comets, low and high level crackling pistils, three giant kamuros, and multi-colored shells of green, red and white. The ending was nice in that it was constructed with some low level candles with stars terminating into salutes. This was soon assisted by a variety of gold glittering shells and larger multi-colored shells at high level. Then a few shells of bright silver comets and glamorous sparkling stars of orange glitters added to the mix, eventually concluding with a single volley of salutes towards mid level.

There were actually two to three displays going on at once - one or two on the mountains looking West and the other closer on Ile- Bizard just across the water front. To my surprise, Pierrefonds didn't have a single thing going on this year. This is the first time this has ever happened. Either way, luckily the weather behaved itself for the second half of the day today for the various fireworks events taking place this evening.

Ever since I've moved into my new place, I've had nothing but an amazing view of practically everything - fireworks, thunderstorms and dramatic sunsets over the twin mountains looking West.

Anyhow, hope you guys saw some cool displays as well tonight, and I sincerely hope they'll be more tomorrow.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023