Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› NY Times Article
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 22:52:03

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 23:11:52

This is a great article, in one of the world most prestigious newspaper! It is obvious that the guy spent a lot of time to collect information and it provides several viewpoints about the event.

The opening display got a lot of media coverage this year. In fact, I believe that it got more coverage than the whole 2007 season. I suspect that a new person in charge of public relation at La Ronde may be part of the explanation. I'm looking forward to see what is coming up!

Fred

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 23:34:07   Edited by: Smoke

Wow, the Montreal fireworks competition covered in a New York Times article? That's a real honor, to say the least. I read through the article and I think the author did an excellent job covering the layout of the competition, as well as introducing the 2008 season.

Thank you so very much for sharing this interesting article.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 07:47:16

Glad you all liked the article. Henry Fountain, the article's author, contacted me several weeks ago about this and we did spend some time together last Saturday. I think he did a great job in capturing the spirit of the competition and it was refreshing to see a journalist write something both accurate and positive about fireworks. I think Henry's background as a science reporter for the NYT really helped. It can be very depressing reading some of the mis-information about fireworks that gets published and it was good to see Henry using the correct terms for the fireworks pieces in the display. Excellent work!

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020