Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› For Paul's non-La Ronde Viewing suggestions -
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 12:16:43

Hi guys, I've tried to watch the fireworks from old montreal but it ain't that great. For Pyropaul's suggestions for the foot of the Jacques-Cartier Bridge or actually on the Bridge itself, how early would you have to arrive to be able to watch the display? I'm gonig to be in Montreal for the South Korea show.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 12:35:02

Hey there Gnrd,

If you are not very picky about the exact square foot of space that you want to watch from - either at the foot of, or on the bridge - you should not have to show up more than a half hour earlier to get a very good spot.

Of course, weather is a big factor as the past two displays have proved. You could have walked up to my vantage point along Notre Dame (my suggested viewing spot) last night 5 minutes before the display and had a place along the guard rail whereas the week prior, for France, all spots along the rail were pretty much taken when I arrived at 8 pm.

In any case I hope you enjoy the coming display (it will be the only one that I miss this summer

Tyler

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 13:18:13

Hi gnrd,

As TRae mentioned, locations surrounding the foot of the bridge, or directly on top the bridge itself would not require you to show up early. I tend to watch the displays on De Lorimier and at times on Notre-Dame, and I can get to both streets relatively late without worrying about getting a good vantage point.

As well, as TRae again outlines, I, too, can't emphasize enough on how much weather conditions can impact attendance, and thus your chances of getting a good view on Notre-Dame - this is in part why I was successful in getting a nice view on that street last night despite getting there at just barely 5 minutes in advance. This is comparable to last week Saturday's filled up spots in the same area well ahead of time.

You may also want to consider De Lorimier as a choice as well since it allows you to come later and the fact that you can get a good view because of the street being on an incline relative to Notre-Dame - you'll easily see over everyone's heads around there as a result.

In short, you don't have to necessarily arrive early in these areas, unless of course that you're planning to go right up front along the steel fence on Notre-Dame when the weather is good. Although it is possible to still get a spot there once arriving late, it is very tedious and scarce, so it's best to get there at least between 8-8:45 p.m to secure a spot up front. The sidewalk there is also good since it, like De Lorimier, is on an incline, so you'd see over, though not quite to the same level like De Lorimier, everyone's heads.

In any case, providing you're coming by car, you'll be able to get free parking along De Lorimier, just so long as you get there by 8-8:30 p.m before they close off Rene-Levesque. If not by vehicle, then don't worry about that.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.024