Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Happy Canada Day (2008)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 02:29:50

Hello,

As usual, just wanted to wish everyone here a very happy Canada Day (141 years old ). I'm hopeful that many of you will participate or have some fun with the local festivities all about, but I'm also moreso hoping that you'll all catch the fireworks displays for the occasion - there were already some last night. We tend to have a parade here in the West Island as well along Eastern Pierrefonds Boulevard, so I'd like to catch that in the morning.

I'll probably be heading to Ottawa to see the grand display in honor of Canada's birthday. If not, I'll try to head to the Old Port to catch whatever display is taking place there.

The weather is looking excellent, with warm conditions in the mid 20's, gentle Southwesterlies, and light humidity, though more moisture will begin to circulate somewhat following today.

Anyhow, enjoy the day!

Best wishes,

~Travis.~

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 23:53:24   Edited by: Smoke

Just got back from my local fireworks display, and I must say that I was pretty darn impressed!

The finale was stunning, with repeated shots of cakes of purple stars exploding into loud bombettes - this went on for about two minutes. Then with this pattern continuing, shells of bright white comets assisted overhead with repeated shots of large powerful salutes at high level. This then combined with large multi-colored shells at the same altitude, along with small shells of bees and shells of bursting stars of green and red.

Following a brief pause, yet another similar sequence of cakes of silver stars mixed in with bright pale comet candles of green stars. This part of the finale, being more intense, lasted for just under one minute, bursting with huge clusters of large salutes from left to right at mid level along with large shells of multi-colored stars, then finally ending with two to three large strobe shells of red and one final volley of salutes.

I'm actually in a lot of regret at the moment since I did not equipt myself with my camera to capture such an unexpected exquisite finale! Now I'm unable to share it with you guys!

Anyhow, I hope you all had a great day - I know I did very much. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to visit Ottawa to see the display taking place there as I ended up elsewhere in the province. In any case, I was lucky to still see an extravagant display in the West Island once I arrived. What a great Canada Day this was, indeed!

Well guys, welcome to July - the hottest month of the year. Make the most of it as it's a speedy month.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 17:40:02

Trav,

Was this the Dollard-Des-Ormeaux Beckett Players/fireworks display celebration? I could have gone with my family but opted for the giant Bran Van 3000 jazz festival concert (with I was thoroughly disappointed by). Darn... at least I know better for next year .

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 23:05:31

Tyler,

No, this display was held on the field at Pierrefonds Comprehensive high school - the one I go to every year. I must say that they've really never concocted such a large setup for Canada Day in the past! I was really surprised, to say the least.

Speaking of D.D.O, I saw some fireworks coming from that side about after 10 minutes into the display we were viewing, so maybe that's the one you're referring to.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.027