Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Member videos posted to YouTube
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 08:26:00

It has come to my attention that copies of the member videos here have been uploaded to YouTube. I provide the videos here to MEMBERS ONLY, not to the general public. The purpose of this is to increase membership and participation in the forum. If I had intended the videos be for a general audience they would be linked directly for everyone to see. I therefore do not appreciate anyone taking copies or segments of the videos posted here and uploading them. If this continues, I will be forced to removed all the videos from this site. If you want to upload a video to YouTube film it yourself

Thank you for your understanding.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 09:57:22

I would like to comment on this also.

I don't live in Montreal and I look forward to viewing the videos the following day. I would be very disappointed if I lose this privelage, especially since the quality is outstanding.

Please respect this privelage that Paul provides to the members of this forum. There is no need for these videos to be posted on YouTube, if people want to watch them, they can join this fourm.

I am a proud member, and even though I may not posted regularly, I review the website daily.

Paul, thanks for offering this service. I appreciate it.

Thanks.

Sean

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 11:54:33

ahhhh... Yes it would be very bad if the privelege of being able to download the full 30 minutes video will be stopped. I think by posting this videos on youtube or in other file hosting websites just removes the exclusivity of the videos and that by doing this.. there would be no more difference between being a registered user or an unregistered user..

There's no other website around that gives out full videos from the montreal-fireworks competitions!

vander

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 14:22:52

It is unfortunate to hear that the member only videos are being uploaded to YouTube.

The full-length videos are arguably this website's most enticing perk for enthusiasts in Montreal and around the world - I wouldn't have had any idea what South Korea presented a week ago without them.

Hopefully, whomever it is uploading the member only videos onto YouTube also reads posts in the forum and understands that taking videos from this site and making them available elsewhere serves only to drive traffic away from montreal-fireworks.com. If they don't read the posts here, someone should contact the user through YouTube.

I hope that the select segments that I videotape and post weekly onto YouTube (with a short promotion and link provided for this website) help spread the word about what a fantastic service Paul is providing.

Tyler

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 21:23:04

Totally agree !
For member's eyes only.

Mylene

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 22:07:38

I, too, hope that this discontinues. I tend to now provide my own personal videos of the last 5 minutes or so of each display and upload them to YouTube. Like TRae, I also promote this website thoroughly when I describe my fireworks videos as well as provide the actual link in hopes that it will encourage more participation here.

In any case, I would sincerely hate the thought of losing these wonderfully high quality full videos that Paul has faithfully provided for us over the course of this season, as well as other related footage from the past. This would result in a great loss to those who miss a show, for individuals who live elsewhere and are eagerly awaiting the footage, or for those who simply want to take the opportunity to re-watch the display for whatever reason. More importantly, the videos are, in my mind, the essence of this site, and so losing them would mean a great reduction in activity on the forum itself, especially during those dreary months of Winter.

Really, let's not lose the privilege of getting the chance to watch these beautiful vids.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 22:13:59

Thanks for all your support and understanding. I can now confirm there are no copies of any of the videos here on YouTube I really want forum membership to be worthwhile and I believe the videos are a good selling point.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 12:29:10

I believe you can also flag videos on youtube, and say they are copyrighted. They will be taken down within hours.

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 20:16:15

Did you end up taking the videos out of the forum because when you click on the link they either don't load or it loads a bad page.

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 06:56:32

All the videos are still there and work fine for me. It may appear they don't load because of the file size - try doing a right-click and then "save link as" rather than streaming them directly.

Paul.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 02:07:14   Edited by: Rovira

Hi... take a look at this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9agv_pKlLk

A new pyromusical competition will take place in America, it will be called Rock and Pyro, as you can see they use the video of the display of Pyrotechnico (I think this is the one hosted here) to promote the event.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 14:29:01

as you can see they use the video of the display of Pyrotechnico (I think this is the one hosted here) to promote the event.

It's not the video hosted here - it looks like it was taken from the back row of the new silver section - and knowing who was sitting there I'm sure the originators of this new event have every right to use that video. Looks like it will be an interesting competition - they have a website here: http://rocknpyrochampionships.org but it's not active yet.

Paul

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 15:49:54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9agv_pKlLk

Even though i'm signed in to youtube, it says 'This video is private'... ???

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 21:23:26

yeah it means you have to find the user, add him as a friend and then you may be able to view the video. But who did this come from Rovira?

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 10:59:07

I posted his video here but it's not mine. I thinks it's from the Rock and Pyro official account.

I don'tknow why now it's private... when I send you the link it was public....

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020