Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Is fireworks legal in Montreal?
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 23:01:27

I know that many online Canadian firework stores ship to Montreal but I clearly remember reading in the newspaper that anyone found igniting fireworks would be fined. So is it or is it not illegal. Anyone?

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 21:33:58

The answer is "it depends". So boroughs have byelaws prohibiting fireworks - especially in the West Island - but I'd imagine the Ville Marie borough wouldn't be too thrilled if people were setting them off in the street either. So the best thing to do is check with your local municipality. Either way, always ensure that when you do set fireworks off it's in a safe location.

Paul

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 23:10:09   Edited by: Smoke

So boroughs have byelaws prohibiting fireworks - especially in the West Island

I'm not too sure about the entire West Island. I live in Southwestern Pierrefonds near the Kirkland border and I sometimes see these people not too far in front of my residence shooting up various fireworks (including occasionally some small lightly whistling serpents) every now and then for about 2-3 minutes, and that's it - no special occasion on those nights. Perhaps fireworks are enjoined in certain districts of the West Island - either that or folks are just taking their chances when they are illegal altogether over here.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 00:23:15

I live in Kirkland and I do light some fireworks from time to time. Usually on major Holidays and a few times during summer. I only light 1 or 2 at a time so I don't get in any trouble. I'll contact the people at Kirkland and see what they say. I will keep you updated one I get a response. Thanks a lot for the help.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.015