Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Buying tickets for La Ronde?
Last poster Message

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 22:53:53

Hi Everyone. I visit Montreal every summer and had a wonderful time watching South Korea display last Summer. I'm considering buying tickets from La Ronde for Australia or Hong Kong and wondered if anyone could give any advice?
A few questions I have:
Anyone have any thoughts on which show to see? Australia or Hong Kong?
Is the best bet to call Admission.com and ask for seats in the higher silver area? Is there a particular section to ask for?
Is it really $40-$50 for a 30 minute show?!?
If you buy tickets, do you have reserved seating and therefore can turn up right before the show? What time should one turn up if they have tickets? I probably won't be hanging out on the rides.
Are there alcoholic drinks available?

Thanks so much for any response!

Sorry about which forum I posted - I don't seem to have an option to post in the General section!

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 08:11:43   Edited by: fredbastien

Gnrd - That is the right cost. These tickets include one-day admission to La Ronde amusement park, so access to most rides and some live performances (there is a popular diving show, for instance) is included. On-site parking fees - 20$ - are not included - I recommend to arrive with the subway system, there is a station on Sainte-Hélène island. Enter to the grandstands around 9:20pm. The official ceremony is scheduled at 9:30. Even for those who are not fans of rides, I suggest to arrive early enough to go into the Ferris Wheel which provides a great viewpoint over the firing ramps. This ride closes around 8:00 on firework nights, so arrive no later than 6:30-7:00. Anyway, this is an amusement park and there's a funny atmosphere (but when it's raining). The silver area is the best, but avoid sections 1 and 2, as well as the first rows of sections 3, 4 and 5, where the floor is flat and may cause some viewing problems for low-level effects. My choice would be to go with Foti International (Australia).

Fred

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 08:23:42   Edited by: Rovira

I would rather the Australian company (Foti fireworks)... but of course this is a question of taste. Both companyes won a jupiter in the past, the Australian one won the silver in 2006, and the company from hong Kong the Bronze in 2003. This company competed in 2007 again and they didn't win anything.

The price maybe is expensive but we're talking about the most prestigious fireworks competition, with an unbelievable organitzation and a huge budget.

It depends also on you, if you think you are willing to pay 40 $ to see fireworks.

I have to say that see the fireworks inside la ronde is a very good experience. The sound system is amazing and the view over the lake is perfect. There you will appreciate the low efects and the atmosphere of the display perfectly.

People pay more just to see some guys chasing a ball... so as I said it's a question of taste.
-------

In the gold section there is a bar where you can drink whatever (I remember champagne and wine, but I don't know if there were harder alcohols)

I don't know if there is a bar also on the Silver section (but I don't think so...)

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 08:29:12

I don't know if there is a bar also on the Silver section (but I don't think so...)

No, I confirm.

Fred

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 00:09:58

Anyone have any thoughts on which show to see? Australia or Hong Kong?

My preference would also be Australia. Foti, in particular, has done some incredible performances in the past and were quite powerful and creative in 2006, enough to earn them a spot on the podium that year (bronze, I believe). In 2001, I recall them being very competitive and subsequently acquiring the silver that season. To me, they have a tendency to possess quite a bit of hype in their displays at Montreal.

All your other questions seem to be covered thoroughly.

Trav.

Posted: May 8, 2009 15:41:47

gnrd,

I think La Ronde is making a new offer this year for those who only want to watch the fireworks. Basically, admission to the park will cost $19,95 after 9pm on fireworks days. However, this doesn't include a seat. You'd have to pay $5 extra to get one.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020