Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Why not a Maltese entrant?
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 04:35:53

Is there some obstacle?

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 06:01:03

This could be because of a lot of reasons. There's just a few "competitive" companies from Malta. Some maltese companies has just started joining competitions so maybe in the future, montreal will eventually be able to get maltese entrants. Their fireworks there are mostly made voluntarily for their patron saints, bands, etc. so this could mean that the fireworks factories there are really not that big.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 07:05:21

We've had this question before. Montreal is not a manufacturers competition - it is a competition for the best display companies in the world. Malta has a lot of amateur and semi-amateur fireworks factories, but these are not display companies that operate on the World stage (doing such things as Olympic games etc.). Now we have seen Maltese products in Montreal (Kimbolton use some Maltese shells) as well as their renowned irdieden (used by Pyromagic Productions in 2003 and as built by Toni and Clint Busuttil) but I doubt that we'll ever see a Maltese display in the competition as it is currently formulated.

Maybe in the future the competition will change and become a competition for the top designers in the world. It would be interesting to have such a competition where all the entrants get access to the same catalog of material and apply their talents to it. Of course, the downside with this is that most of the top designers are familiar with the products that they use, rather than what may be in the competition catalog.

So I think the best place to see Maltese fireworks is Malta and I'm hoping to be able to do that one day.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021