Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› Fireworks Photography —› PORTUGAL DIPLAY - JULY 12, 2007
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 13:47:46

Hi everyone - I was finally able to see the fireworks display this last saturday - I shot from Parc du Havre, right next to Habitat 67 on Pierre Dupuy, right across Old Montreal, south side.

You can see my favorite images here - the file names all start with the word PORTUGAL.

There were shot from Parc du Havre, near Habitat 67 with a canon 30D and lens 70-200 MM

See here: http://www.pbase.com/rachelita/feux2008

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 14:06:46

Rachel, your photos prove that there could not have been a more beautiful place on earth last night than Montreal.

Thank you very much for sharing!

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 14:11:17   Edited by: rachelita

thanks Trae - I was pretty happy to have to the occasion to be at that spot which seemed impossible last year, considering the persons I went to shoot with

I will luckily be shooting from this spot again next Saturday

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 17:31:47

Wow ! So nice ! I will post your link on my blog. This has to be seen !!!

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 19:44:23

thanks Mylene and what is your blog address?

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 19:52:46

Mylene's blog is linked on the left menu here on the forum "Mylene et Artifice" - just press the button and you'll be right there. The actual address is http://myleneetartifice.blogspot.com

Paul.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 00:18:00

rachelita,

As usual, I am truly captivated by these photos. Just looking at them, as well as those from Steve and Robert, bring this display back to its fiery life.

The shots you took from the Old Port are stunning, considering that they incorporate both the bridge and some of the rides from La Ronde in the background.

Thank you sincerely for sharing these delightful photos with us. I look forward to seeing the Australian performance captured in a similar way!

Keep up the good work.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 00:42:56

thanks Trav - as always I was very disappointed with my images when I came home last night - only saw all the blown out ones - so I slept on it and started looking at them with a less critical eye today - and I was pleased that I did get some decent ones - this is my favorite spot to shoot the fireworks - it is just such a pain to get out of there when all the cars come out all at once and get stuck forever on Pierre-Dupuy street.

Where did you see Steve's images - I only see the ones from Robert Burch on the site and I cannot see my images yet - Paul must be very busy today heheehhe

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 00:44:05

thanks Mylene for the link on your blog website

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 01:02:27   Edited by: Smoke

Where did you see Steve's images

Yeah, Steve's aren't up yet - only the six from Robert. I thought three were from Steve and the other three from Robert. Then I looked at the thumbnails and saw that all six of them were from Robert.

Anyhow, I still look forward to seeing the rest of the photos uploaded to the site.

Thanks again!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 01:09:14

ya Robert's images are pretty amazing - what a difference it makes to have those seats at La Ronde - can't wait to see the images from Steve

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020