Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› Fireworks Photography —› SOUTH AFRICA 2009
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 00:17:56

Hi everyone,

here are some of my shots from the South African display - to me, it seemed that many of the shells (up in the sky) were quite similar - not much variety from where I stood, and that was at Parc du Havre.

http://www.pbase.com/rachelita/sa2009

It was a great season - I think this is my last display, unless I can manage to get to next week's display - but that is a 50/50 chance.

Thanks Paul for your website and to all of you for the very comprehensive reviews - one day, I am sure, I will understand them all -

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 12:14:47

Rachel,

Thank you for your wonderful photos.

I hope you offer us your opinion on the '09 competition in the rankings and jury predictions thread.

Tyler

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 12:39:25   Edited by: rachelita

thanks Tyler

I do not really think I am qualified to offer my opinion as I only saw what was exploding in the skies and missed out on all the wonderful things that happened on the ground (on the water) as can be so nicely exemplified from the images of Robert and Steven.

To me, the hardest show was Argentina (serious storm and lightning and thunder) and to me, they are my best images, because of their variety and different kinds of shells used - I liked Canada a lot also - many of the fireworks had very repetitive patterns so although it is always very nice, it becomes a little boring when editing images, that they are all round circular explosions with various colors - I liked the color combinations of South Africa

I don't know enough about fireworks to comment on the way music and explosions were in sync - I read all the reviews and I understand about 15% of it all - so I am not in a position to judge or even offer my opinions.

I just think we should have had less rain but such was the case last year as well.

It was a great season overall, I did not miss one show, so I am happy about that

I am not that excited that they all were on Saturdays, as it monopolized all my saturdays for the entire summer and now summer is almost finished

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019