Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2005 Display Reviews —› Post your 2005 reviews in this forum
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 04:55:16

I've created a 2005 Display Reviews forum for all your reviews of the upcoming competition displays.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jun 18, 2005 20:57:46   Edited by: Enkil

Just got back.

The beginning was really good with those big fire balls!!! But once again, I had to wait impaciently until it starts because of the narration, it dove me nuts lol. Especially after waiting months. But the narrations were not that long compared to last year's Caballer.

Other than that, it was a quite enjoyable show. In some moments, I was really hooked on it. The synchronization of some segments was really good.

The downside, it was a bit repetitive. But this show had to be seen from La Ronde to get the full experience after all!

Posted: Jun 18, 2005 21:48:38

Hey Enkil,

To start off, I had a terrible experience tonight, mainly because of traffic and taking longer than I should have to get home. What rotten luck, especially with all the constraints.

Anyways, the show was ok, in general. I could see that there must've been excellent use of the lake, especially with those dramatic bright fireballs. I also liked the spinning wheels and the various colors in the bottom in many segments. I actually had to squint when those bright fireballs were going. And yes, the narration was driving me crazy, too. Everyone on Notre-Dame and De Lorimier were going impatiently with the countdown, but saw nothing. There were people who were only whistling, though!

Synchronization was pretty much done well overall, but I felt that some parts were weaker, well, in my perspective.

They had some really nice effects, though. Some of those colorful shells were amazing and I think the theme really fitted in.

Finally, in my opinion, however, it did feel really repetitive, as Enkil said. Also, I found that there were some moments where not too much was going on. I could tell from the audience's expression, too. The finale could've been much better, too. I was hoping for it to be more colorful and longer with more of those special effects, so there wasn't much excitement.

As for the weather, I've never seen so many jackets at this time of the year. And I was right, there were FAR less people that attended tonight. After taking a glimpse at the bridge and popular areas, I was quite amazed. This being said, not a very good start to the season.

I'll have more later today, after I get some sleep after a hectic night.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 25, 2005 15:46:42

Hey Everyone!

Yes, I am still alive.....LOL.....and better than that, I was present last Saturday, to see the Australian display ;-) I watched from the bridge (as I always do) and I was kind of VERY disappointed by their performance. I hope I will not depress anyone here, but I have to say it as I felt it........did not like the music, did not enjoy the "dead" periods, and the finale was very disappointing.....too short, too slow, absence of salutes....all in all, not very good.

Although I did not like this display, I was glad to be on the bridge again and be able to watch fireworks after waiting for a long 10 and a half months! I am also glad to be part of this forum with you guys, sharing our thoughts on the subject. Again, I will be on the bridge tonight, to see how France does! I am praying for a finale LOADED with salutes.....LOL.....and I will be thinking of you guys, wondering how you are enjoying the display. I am looking forward to your comments tomorrow!

Hoping that Travis will not have problems with traffic this evening

Pierre

Posted: Jun 25, 2005 15:51:25

Oh I forgot to mention.......last Saturday, I was taping the finale with my digital camera, but all of a sudden, my batteries went dead......at first I was angry that I was going to miss the finale, but then, I realised that even if I got it on tape, I would have deleted it anyway!

See ya later!

Pierre

Posted: Jun 25, 2005 21:15:13

Pierre,

Well, well. It appears you're still alive after you posted that thread "I'm still alive." Anyways, you have no idea of how happy I am to hear from you! I honestly thought that you didn't show up last Saturday! And don't worry about your batteries dying out last week. It wasn't an impressive finale, as you said. I beg to differ about what I just saw, though!

Last Saturday was the pits for me, despite a disappointing display. It was cold, I was stuck in traffic and I had a hard time getting to my old spot because of traffic. Everything went wrong. Tonight, however, was the complete opposite. It was HOT, tons of people, got home far faster and traffic was fluid all the way back to the West Island.

All in all, I had an incredible day! And thanks for your concern about the traffic, Pierre.

Once again, it's great to know you're back. It's rather less cheery without your comments!

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020