Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2005 Display Reviews —› HOWARD & SON PYROTECHNIC SPECTACLE PYROTECHNIQ
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 20, 2005 10:38:46

J'ai bien aimé le spectacle pyrotechnique mais j'ai trouvé que la finale a pas été très assourdisantes.mais la finale à été très dorées
les effet était très assorties et coloré.le mieux c'est que j'ai filmé le spectacle sur les abords du fleuve saint-laurent.

Posted: Jun 20, 2005 13:15:29   Edited by: Smoke

Yes, the finale was really disappointing, in my opinion. However, those "kamuros," if that's the correct name, made a nice lasting effect, but I would have prefered more colors in there, especially taking into consideration that colors were part of the theme. I never did like a ton of kamuros for a finale, though. It just seems too repetitive, as some of the products were during the display, too. Plus, there just simply wasn't enough excitement throughout. And narration doesn't work that well with fireworks displays that well. It's been shown in the past. It was also disappointing when nothing came up at the beginning.

Don't get me wrong, though. I thought it wasn't an overal bad job for the team. After all, just think about it. They had a rough week with 2 persistent low pressure systems, one being Arlene, that just was too difficult to work with. It was muddy and soggy. Just not ideal, and just plain bad luck. It was also their first time here, so I think it was ok, in general. It could have been much better, but a decent job, none the less.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 21, 2005 12:17:07

thank smoke for your opinion.

jérome.

Posted: Jun 21, 2005 13:45:15

No problem.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 21, 2005 15:33:31

I will make another opinion for next fireworks show.
jérome.

Posted: Jun 23, 2005 06:55:45

Jerome,

I would love if you can make an opinion on every show, as well.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 23, 2005 09:12:26

thank Trav
jérome.

Posted: Jun 23, 2005 11:37:35

I think it would be great if you join in the discussions. You appear to have good insight and have our tastes in what is a good display.

Just one question, where do you watch the displays?

Trav.

Posted: Jun 23, 2005 12:00:46

longueuil below the jacque-cartier bridge there has is has cycle track which follows the edge of the the St. Lawrence river.is on this cycle track that I install to watch the displays.you can see with far a immence parking out of gravel and a large batiment.is in these surrounding that I install.

Posted: Jun 23, 2005 13:55:41

Oh. You must see the displays pretty nicely in that area.

Have you ever been to Notre-Dame street?

Trav.

Posted: Jun 23, 2005 15:22:53

yes already went there. the sight is very interessing because one is very close to the shell of large gauges.(305mm)

jérome

Posted: Jun 23, 2005 19:27:48

I think I might head up front by the steel gate on Notre-Dame for France's display. You see lots of things there, even some of the bottom ones. Only, everyone hogs that area first, so you'll have to go much earlier.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 04:56:02

ah yes, goal I likes better or I place myself because the fireworks makes a reflection on the water.and also there is much place for me to install.

jérome

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 05:26:30

I should try your place, too. It sounds like it's perfect.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 05:55:45

You will like this site, could you to come this Saturday, you will even be able me with a big camera.I go being on the cycle track step far from the gravel parking and the large building.

jérome

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 06:07:08

Jerome,

As much as I'd like to, my family is very fussy, so they like to watch from the same area all the time, although I'm trying to encourage them to go to La Ronde for the the final show.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 06:20:29

ok then you cannot go or that you want accause your parents. if you cannot, this is not serious.

jérome

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 06:29:26

Jerome,

Well, I've been attending the competition since 1990 and my very first display was at La Ronde that year. The same year, some of omy family members said that they had found a good area around Notre-Dame street. We tried it and loved it. Since then, we've only been on De Lorimier and Notre-Dame streets. For some reason, it felt different back then.

To be honest, I was scared of the fireworks because I was 5, almost 6 years old back then. I was only trying to hide because I feared that some of the fireworks will literally come over me.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 07:23:20

yes,I understand.When I was young I were afraid but it is necessary to forget its fear if not you will have always afraid.today I am not afraid since I placed myself has 10 meters of the professional fireworks show and the shell exploded to the tops of my head at 15-80 meters.

jérome

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 07:46:38

When I was watching the Australian display, there was a young girl crying loudly almost all the way through.

It's a common fear. There was another time, a few years back, where there was a dog barking all the way through. It was annoying, but funny!

Trav.

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 10:41:09

yes, its is sure.Il has there much of anybody and animals which are afraid of the fireworks, even the cars have afraid.when a shell of 12" bursts,made a shock wave leave the majority the alarm system.is funny but not for the person who must go to stop the
alarm system.

jérome

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 12:59:04

Smoke,

Why go to La Ronde for the final show?

I'd encourage you to go there for Spain's show. It's your favourite and your garantied to see a good one.

La Ronde's shows are always repetitive and "neutral". They're only good for the final 5 min, in my opinion.

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 14:33:55

Jerome,

Yes, we actually had a discussion about animal rights in relation to fireworks. It's probably why they want to ban them in some countries. It has been clearly demonstrated on many occasions.

Enkil,

In this respect, you're right, but remember this is a new firm representing Spain, so it could be different, although Spanish firms are genrally good. Whereas the final show, you're usually guaranteed a great ending. But yes, throughout the show, it is sort of "neutral" and repetitive.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022