Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Tonight's surprises revealed (China)
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 17, 2004 10:45:48

Spectators will be fascinated with the astonishing new effects:

- a 3 dimension cube

- crackling willow flowers

- marvellous new crossettes

- brand new colours such as aqua, steel blue, lemon and orange

from Press release of China

watch the interview, Eric Tucker says interessing comments
http://www.mondialsaq.com/en/programmation/feux.asp?feu=177

this year, the companies have now adopted a new tool to make us impressed: surprises

Posted: Jul 17, 2004 11:01:11

Some impressive new things! It's looks like it will be grand, tonight. I think I'll be able to recognize them easily. It's going to be fun identifying them! I'm partcularly interested in those flower crossetes and the brand new colours. It makes the display unique and breathtaking!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 17, 2004 12:40:24

Also, I have been told there will be of the order of 1000 6" shells, 200 8" shells and around 100 10" and 12" combined. It will be a massive show!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 20, 2004 01:11:48   Edited by: sunjh

Paul

After you watch the show, could you tell me something about the differences between Chinese fireworks and others?

Thx!

sunjh

Posted: Jul 20, 2004 07:43:24   Edited by: Smoke

Sunjh,

It's not that hard to diffrenciate, but you could tell the difference in some of them. Particularly the variety of shells used. China tends to use, in a way, different shells and other materials in their shows, I think. Sometimes you can tell that some of them differ from that of other displays.

Also, to me, China, when presenting their displays, you could tell that it's somehat different than others, more in a sense of culture. This year, they based their show on the title "Butterflies and Dragons," which was a very unique and powerful display. I could also tell from the display that it was heavily dedicated to Chinese culture.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 20, 2004 08:19:05

Sunjh,

Usually it is quite easy to see the differences between Chinese shells and shells made by others?

Chinese shells are usually cheap. They have fewer stars, smaller break diameter, quicker burn time, and dull colours.

Usually shells you will be see in a competition like the Mondial SAQ, would not be available for sale or the quality is not the same as the shells that consumers will purchase for their displays.

Shells are usually custom made for these times of competitions.

Another tidbit, if you see alot of Red and Green in a display, and its not Christmas, its probably Chinese product. They are the cheapest colours to manufacture.

Sean

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023