Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Any predictions for the 2012 season?
<< . 1 . 2 .
Last poster Message

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 01:24:12

Anyways, having the competition back for another summer is always delightful news to make the snow melt in my head

That's a good way to put it.

Well, only about eight hours and 37 minutes to go!

Trav.

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 09:22:59

Schedule is out.

June 30th - Japan - Discover Hanabi - Aoki Fireworks
July 7th - Switzerland - Aérofolies - SUGYP
July 14th - Canada - Eclipse - Sirius Pyrotechnics
July 17th - Greece - Rebirth of Humanity - Nanos Fireworks
July 21th - France - The extraordinary journeys of Jules Verne - Féérie
July 24th - Portugal - Fire & Soul - Grupo Luso Pirotecnia
July 27th - Italy - The Prophet Tales - Vaccalluzzo
July 31th - USA - Pyro Fantasia - Pyrovision Productions
August 3rd - Closing - Tribute to Queen - La Ronde / Panzera S.A.S.

STL

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 09:28:54

This is a surprising and very exciting line-up: five contestants are recruits, and Grupo Luso Pirotecnia is back! That news makes my day!

Fred

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 09:34:00   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

wow!!!!! This will be a very very good competition! Aoki fireworks is a really good choice for Japan! So is Sugyp, Nanos, Vaccalluzzo. It's great to see Atlas Pyrovision back!

Vander

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 09:42:58

Thanks for scooping me, STL. I was under strict instructions to wait until 10am this morning.

It is a good line up though

Paul.

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 09:49:07

Sorry Paul, but La Ronde's website scooped you, not me ! I merely reproduced the info here.

The only bit of info I knew in advance was related to the Tuesday/Friday day change, not the participating companies. Even then, Croisières AML broke the embargo well in advance.

STL

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 09:53:26

Here is the press release (published by La Ronde at 9:00am):

http://www.newswire.ca/fr/story/925503/l-international-des-feux-loto-q uebec-presente-par-telus-devoile-son-calendrier-2012-nouvelles-journee s-nouveau-pays-nouveaux-themes-pour-les-feux-et-u

Though it is not crystal-clear, the press release seems to state the traffic issue causes the new schedule with some Tuesday and Friday displays.

Fred

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 10:01:29

Sorry Paul, but La Ronde's website scooped you, not me ! I merely reproduced the info here. True, but you knew I was going to post at 10am

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 10:13:36

True, but you knew I was going to post at 10am

Did I ? Well, then it seems I didn't interpret your previous message correctly (All will be revealed at 10:00am tomorrow, February 22nd 2012. ), as this could refer both to La Ronde making their announcement at the time plastered all over their website and someone posting it to the forum afterwards after reading it there.

When I saw that La Ronde updated their website at 9:20, I figured everyone would like to know, thus posted the schedule.

I didn't intend to scoop anyone of anything, as I didn't use "protected" information I could have known of in advance. My scoop if there was one (Tue. + Fri. new schedule) was itself scooped by Croisières AML many weeks ago anyway.

Well, sorry again !

STL

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 12:41:05

This schedule really met my expectations, and even beyond! I was confident that Vaccalluzzo would appear for Italy, and, as Fred expressed previously, it is more than a delight to see Grupo Luso Pirotecnia return for Portugal!! I'm also very pleased with the dichotomous nature of Luso's theme - should prove to be a great spectacle for transitions, especially given Luso's outstanding history!

It looks like many of us, including myself, received our wishes in getting an opportunity to see newer firms for Switzerland, Japan and Canada!

I have a feeling that it's going to be a tight competition this year, as compared to the previous two. All we need now is for Mother Nature to provide us with perfect, or near-perfect, weather conditions for each display!

Other than that, it's nice to see a display taking place on my birthday!

Trav.

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 14:21:56   Edited by: Mylene Salvas

Yeah, I guess we should be blaming La Ronde for not respecting their own embargo. Too bad we had our mind setup on updating everything at 10am sharp Paul to respect their conditions. I guess next time we'll sit tight at our computer, refreshing their page every second to make sure we can scoop ourselves on our own platforms . No hard feelings STL.

In the mean time, here's my personnal analysis on the upcoming season !

Enjoy it all everyone !!! It's so fun to start talking about MTL competition again !

Mylene.

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 16:00:13

Nice analysis, Mylene! I also really love the countdown displayed on your site!

Paul was certainly correct in saying that we would all be pleased with the participants of 2012! Indeed, 2012 should be a very interesting season, especially with five new entrants. I commonly look forward to a selected few displays every year, when the schedule is released, but in this year's case, I am very much anticipating all of our participants! In particular, I am eagerly awaiting the Italian, Canadian, American and Portuguese performances. I just hope that we will be treated with a large and gratifying display by Panzera!

On a side note, I'm not really used to seeing Canada and the U.S not presenting back to back!

Trav.

Posted: Feb 23, 2012 10:43:31

Nice analysis, Mylene! I also really love the countdown displayed on your site!

Thanks Trav !

Posted: Mar 7, 2012 02:43:36   Edited by: Rovira

One of the best schedule in the last years.

Im' SO happy to se there aoki, atlas, feriee and of course Vaccalluzzo ...

For the very first time in years I'm surprised with the new schedule, and excited, very excited

Posted: May 1, 2012 13:11:43

Nous avons maintenant confirmation du lien de cause à effet entre les travaux routiers sur le pont Jacques-Cartier et l'horaire particulier des feux cette année:

D'autre part, le pont Jacques-Cartier sera repavé au complet, ce qui durera six jours durant les vacances de la construction, à la fin de juillet. La Société a notamment obtenu le déplacement de deux soirées de feux d'artifice du samedi au vendredi pour éviter un conflit, et son plan permettra également d'épargner les deux fins de semaine de courses sur l'île Notre-Dame, soit celle du Grand Prix de Formule Un et celle de l'épreuve de Nascar.

Cyberpresse:
http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/regional/montreal/201205/01/01-45207 85-trois-ponts-subiront-des-travaux-ce-printemps.php

Fred
<< . 1 . 2 .

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020