Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› 2012 Jury
Last poster Message

Posted: May 28, 2012 15:30:43

Hey everyone,
I think this would be a great place to ask. I was invited for an interview to join the 2012 competition jury.

Does anyone have any advice for this stage of the process? What is my competition like at this point? Any questions/points that I should be aware of?

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 1, 2012 16:23:18

Welcome, and congratulations on being selected for interview! Watch the videos here and compare with the reports and notes that people wrote on the forum - we have a lot of people here who have seen a lot of displays! If you're selected for the jury, you aren't supposed to look at this forum until after the last display has been judged!

Have you watched any displays from La Ronde before? The experience there is quite different than from the bridge or the banks of the river. An artistic sensibility helps - think of a pyromusical as like a ballet if you like. Understanding that the dimmer fireworks effects shouldn't be drowned out by brighter ones is important. An appreciation of how well editted the soundtrack is is also important. Appreciation of a theme rather than just a collection of unrelated pieces of music is something we obsess about over here.

Best of luck in your interview - we have a few former judges who are forum members.

Paul.

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 14:36:30

Sorry i didnt see this post before fireworks2012guest. I could have tell you a bit about it.

So... are you a jury 2012 ?

Mylene.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020