Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Live performers in Greek and Portuguese displays
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 09:08:34

Yesterday, La Ronde released additional pieces of information about forthcoming displays, two of them being new for me: Nanos Fireworks will introduce an Olympic-winning swimmer in the Dolphin Lake, and Grupo Luso Pirotécnia soundtrack will be added with a live performance of a fado singer.

http://www.newswire.ca/fr/story/999883/debut-de-l-international-des-fe ux-loto-quebec-presente-par-telus-ce-samedi-nouvelles-journees-nouveau -pays-nouveaux-themes-pour-les-feux-et-un-hommage

I am highly skeptical about the Greek swimmer, who may be to far from the audience to be fully appreciated, but the singer is an interesting addition.

Fred

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 09:42:54

Interesting! I wonder when paul will be posting his interview with the japanese team

Vander

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 10:35:55

Due to work constraints, I'm doing the interviews on Fridays ... so I'll get something up tomorrow evening.

I had heard about the Olympic swimmer for Nanos ... though, like Fred, wonder how visible they will be. There's also supposed to be something special in the Swiss display ... but I can't reveal what that will be just yet

Paul

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 10:38:40

This year's looking to be a special one! We havent even heard from vaccalluzzo yet

Vander

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 07:39:10   Edited by: fredbastien

There's also supposed to be something special in the Swiss display ...

Given the aerospace theme of the Swiss show, and following an episode of Pyros, I immediately think about a flying device with some sort of fireworks (i.e.: gerbs) attached to. From a competition in South Korea, Pyros featured some shooting of a bird-shape flying thing which came into life with some gerbs. That would potentially be a winning ingredient for the competition.

With a such perspective, I also bring to your attention a prototype currently tested by Disney, presumably for the new Avatar-theme land to be built in Animal Kingdom. It is an ultralight dragon-shape mechanical aircraft:

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/local/x1076260226/Dragon-spotted -over-Minter-Field

I suppose that such flying devices may appear more often in the future in various entertainment shows.

Fred

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 08:59:56   Edited by: fredbastien

Due to work constraints, I'm doing the interviews on Fridays ... so I'll get something up tomorrow evening.

Paul and Mylène: once again this year, we rely on you to bring us substantive information about the upcoming displays. I just saw La Ronde's press release about the Japanese display: there are three times more space on their new FB and Twitter marketing gammicks (9 lines), than on the show itself (3 lines).

Fred

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 09:55:08

Those flying objects are usually exhibition airplanes with fireworks attached to the wings I think it would be very expensive for Sugyp to have this in their show We'll see..

Vander

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 22:58:54   Edited by: Mylene Salvas

Paul and Mylène: once again this year, we rely on you to bring us substantive information about the upcoming displays

And once again, we will do our best to inform you But really, there's not much to reveal about the Japanese display... Still, i manage to write something. See here.

Hope you'll enjoy this first display everyone !

Mylene

Page loading time (sec.): 0.037