Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Feux sur Glace Telus 2013
Last poster Message

Posted: Nov 14, 2012 12:57:26   Edited by: Mylene Salvas

Hello all !

The firms are still to be announced, but here's the schedule of the 8th edition of Les feux sur glace Telus !

Click here !

Enjoy everyone !!!

Mylene.

Posted: Nov 15, 2012 13:14:20

Thanks for posting this, Mylene!

I will try to attend at least one of these displays, providing that the weather isn't too cold or treacherous. I am actually predicting a sort of dichotomous 2012-2013 Winter season, in which the first half could be more Winter-like, followed by a gradual transition to more consistent mild weather, though the potential mild component may not be anything like what was witnessed during last Winter (2011-2012), or the Winter of 2009-2010. In September, I was originally predicting an overall mild Winter, but potential near-moderate El Nino signatures by late/end-Fall became much less prominent into October, unfortunately. In any case, I have more details on my Facebook page for those who are interested.

Had we known the 2013 fireworks schedule, your infamous countdown could have already been initiated!

And, yes, late-September to mid-March (mostly November to February) is a bleak period for me, with the exception of the Holiday season, of course!

Trav.

Posted: Nov 16, 2012 14:13:29

Hi There !

Firms are out !!! Click here !!!

@Smoke, yeah... can't wait for the first date to be confirmed ! I sooo wanna start the countdown !!!

Posted: Nov 26, 2012 20:28:52

My first interview of the year is now online.

Patrick Chandonnet, from Orion, decided to let the organizers decide which musical decade he would get, and he got the Fifties.

Will this approach serve him well ? He did about the same this year in Sherbrooke by choosing an artist he didn't know very much, and got the first place with his Lady Gaga-themed entry. We should therefore be in for a very good display indeed !

Read the rest on Pyro Québec.

Let the Fire on Ice begin !

STL

Posted: Dec 2, 2012 00:19:16

Any thoughts on the first show of Fire on Ice 2013? I couldn't attend, but I would love to hear about the experience from anyone who was on site!

Trav.

Posted: Dec 23, 2012 21:28:47   Edited by: fredbastien

I saw last night FAE's show, on 1980s musics, as part of the Fire on Ice series. I have not had many opportunities to attend FAE's displays before (it was maybe the first time, but I'm not 100% sure) and have to say that I was really impressed!

To start with the soundtrack, it was a great mix of popular songs, most segments being short enough to provide a great rhythm to the whole display. The pace is especially important when viewers have to deal with -10 Celsius degrees during the performance! The show was filled with a lot of whistling and crackling effects, many cakes, mines and fans of dense comets, which created some density to the design. Around the 11th minute, I was surprised by some rare Z-cakes shooting meteor-headed comets bursting in sky mines. Colours were very diversified, low-level effects often supported similar high-level products, and synchronization was excellent. Chapeau to FAE!

While the weather was a little cold and windy last night, we were lucky to have fireworks as some weather forecasts had predicted more than 50 km/h gusts. Snow gently fell during the show, adding to the experience, and stopped immediately after the display!

Fred

Posted: Dec 23, 2012 22:19:04   Edited by: Smoke

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on FAE's display, Fred!

While I had become free over the weekend to attend this display, the weather, unfortunately for me, was uninviting, mostly due to treacherous walkways/roadways resulting from the blowing and drifting snow during the better part of the day, accompanied by uncomfortably cold temperatures (not helped by the gusty WSW winds that generated windchills near -20 C). I would probably wind up not enjoying the display as I would have intended, for I would spend more time trying to maintain warmth! I'd very much prefer a 25 C+ evening.

For those planning to attend next Saturday's display, conditions likely could be colder than what was observed during FAE's presentation night. After a potentially significant snowstorm (associated with a Texas Low) occurring on December 27th/early 28th, cold, Arctic air behind this system should settle into much of E. Ontario and S. Quebec, becoming especially pronounced towards New Year's Eve. Fortunately, winds should not be anything like what they were in speed (much lighter in nature).

Happy holidays, everyone.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022