Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Incident at BEM
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 09:49:37   Edited by: Mylene Salvas

BEM is burning !!! See article here

Please join our thoughts together and hope everyone is ok !!!

Mylene

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 10:12:28

Oh my, that is very bad news. I really hope no-one is injured or killed. Always a reminder of the power and danger of fireworks.

Paul

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 10:21:14

Here's another news report on this: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2013/06/20/quebec-firewor ks-factory-explosion-coteau-du-lac.html

They're saying no deaths or injuries reported, let's hope it stays that way.

Paul.

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 10:30:19

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 10:49:26   Edited by: Smoke

I recently heard about the explosion this morning. I sincerely hope that no one was killed or injured from the incident.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 11:02:58

According to a BEM employee's statement in La Presse, she doesn't know whether collegues were inside or around these buildings, or not. Hopefully, no one is killed or injuried.

Even without fatalities, it is, for sure, the worst time of the year for a such event, as the peak season begins.

Good luck to BEM team.

Fred

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 12:28:12

La Presse indicates two persons are still missing : Explosion à Coteau-du-Lac: deux personnes manquent à l'appel

My thoughts go the BEM team. Let's hope everyone is still safe.

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 12:56:54

And Radio-Can said two body found. Join me in expressing our deepest sympathies to the families and friends. The whole community is shocked.

Sincerely,
Mylene

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 13:08:06

Yes indeed. What a terrible loss.

My sympathies to everyone at BEM.

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 13:43:48

The fireworks family is very small and we're all touched and saddened by the tragic news from BEM this morning. This is the busiest time of year for many of us and this tragedy touches every one of us. My deepest sympathies to everyone at BEM and in the fireworks industry in general.

Paul.

Posted: Jun 20, 2013 19:01:01

BEM Feux d'artifice fait aussi partie de l'histoire du Concours de Montréal, récipiendaire du Jupiter de bronze en 2005. Sans doute qu'il en sera fait mention lors de la cérémonie protocolaire de samedi. J'espère que Michel Lacroix, l'homme de la situation, sera des nôtres.

Mes voeux de condoléances aux familles, collègues et amis des victimes.

Fred

Posted: Jun 21, 2013 06:50:10

It seems the fire started in one small building and spread to the main warehouse - this amazing video shows the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB3k9YvJo0E

I'm supposed to be on CBC Daybreak 88.5 in Montreal at around 7:15 this morning to talk about this.

Paul

Posted: Jun 21, 2013 07:00:05

You're right, it looks like some some comets ignited what was inside the main warehouse. I wonder what was in the warehouse during that time, the explosion did not look like there were shells inside.

Sympathies to the BEM family

Best Regards,
Vander

Page loading time (sec.): 0.018