Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Any predictions for the 2019 season?
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 8, 2018 10:20:32

Hello everyone,

I thought that it would be a good time to post this, just in case anyone started to have any thoughts concerning potential competitors for the 2019 season....and considering that it has been one month since the end of the 34th edition (and one month closer to the 35th).

Feel free to post here any predictions that you may have for 2019's competitors, as well as schedule structure! Rumors are fine, too! Perhaps some surprises for the 35th edition?

I will try to post my predictions once I have given things more thought.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 13, 2018 01:04:39

Howard & Sons... take 2?

Fred

Posted: Sep 15, 2018 22:58:42   Edited by: Smoke

Probably eight displays again, with an early-July starting date (and an opening show on that date).

Trav.

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 12:43:16

I don't know who is coming but a few of the companies I'd like to see:
Canada: Fireworks Spectaculars
China/Hong Kong: Vulcan
Philippines: Platinum
South Africa: FFA
UK: Pains Fireworks

That said I have a couple more thoughts, Fred makes one already... do we see Australia in 2019 or was that bridge burned?
And then I think we'll see Hands Fireworks compete here in the near future. They've been two years running in the Philippines, and while they have some work to do, they could put up a nice show.

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 21:09:12   Edited by: Rovira

Its been a while since my last post here. The predictions threat is probably my favorite threat of the forum. I don't use to post predictions but a list of companies I would like to see competing in Montreal. Some are quite unlikely, but anyway ...

1- Aoki or Isogai - Japan
This is my first and biggest wish: To see a Japanese company again in Montreal. Love the futuristic design of both companies, not to mention the shell design.

2- Pains Fireworks-UK
I need them back. I loved their shows in Montreal. The themes, the design. They are so inspiring and unique. A must. If not in 2019 in 2020.

3- Makalu - Czech Republic
Not sure if they can put on a 30 min show properly, but I've seen some of their smallest shows and the way they conceive the design is quite interesting.

4- Alpha Pyro - France
I wouldn't be surprised if they are part of the 2019 competition. After two good winning shows in Cannes they deserve a place in the Montreal competition. I use to like their music selection, their finales and also the design of their shows more oriented into the emotions than the synchronization.

5- Jupiter - Argentina
It would be great to see them again in Montreal. One of my favorite companies. Period

6- Howard and Sons - Australia
Im still recovering from the fact they withdraw from the competition this current year. They have to show us what they had planned. I still think its hard to top that Nothing else matter segment from the 2007 (?) edition. Come back please.

7- Heron - Netherlands
They won this year in Berlin Pyronale. Their show was very clean. To me a bit a la Pyroemotions but i could see signs of a unique style in the use of some cakes during their display in Berlin. I wouldn't be surprised if they compete in Montreal, if not in 2019 maybe 2020 or so.

8- Pyroemotions - Italy
Why not? It will be 6 years from that show that in some way (as most of the gold Jupiter performances do) changed the way we see the art of pyrotechnics.

9- Vulcan - Hong Kong
I need to see how many angles they can find to put all those single shots and amazing cakes. This time without smoke, please. They deserve another chance.

10- Hanwha Corporation - South Korea
That show from 2008 is a classic to me. The fair amount of material used in a very clever way, amazing cakes and great shell synchronitzation. I would like to see them again.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.041