Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Notre-Dame-de-Paris
Last poster Message

Posted: Apr 15, 2019 22:04:27   Edited by: fredbastien

Today, the burning of Notre-Dame-de-Paris moves countless people. In March 2018, I had the opportunity to spend about two weeks in a residency located close to the cathedral, which I briefly visited one afternoon. I walked around a couple of times as well. It is truly impressive.

Notre-Dame-de-Paris is also part of my pre-fireworks routine when I visit Epcot at WDW. Indeed, it is the focus of an exhibit located in the lobby of the French pavilion, where I love to watch (and to listen the musics of) the movie “Impressions de France” before the fireworks. Some great shots of the building also appear in the movie itself.

And Notre-Dame-de-Paris also has a connection with the Montreal Fireworks Competition. In 1999, la Société Étienne-Lacroix, recently merged with Ruggieri, presented a fireworks display entitled “Notre-Dame-de-Paris”. Capitalizing on the huge success of Luc Plamondon's musical show of the same name, the French team mixed some segments of Notre-Dame (Belle, Asile, Le Temps des cathédrales) with other popular musicals.

For a reminder of this show, you can (re-)read Paul's review written 20 years ago:
http://montreal-fireworks.com/cgi-bin/rep.cgi?head1999,france99,tail19 99

Fred

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020