Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› 2022 Competition Schedule
Last poster Message

Posted: Dec 14, 2021 13:47:20

La Ronde today announces on L'International des Feux Loto-Québec Facebook page the 36th edition of the Montreal International Fireworks Competition to be scheduled from Wednesday June 22 to Wednesday August 3.

No other information is available at this time.

In contrast with last April announcement regarding the single show scheduled on the Labor Day weekend, there is no mention “pending to approval” by the public health officials. However, as far as I know, the rules regarding outdoor mass gatherings have not been changed by the public health authorities, so these dates shall be considered as tentative.

Fred

Posted: Dec 25, 2021 00:21:46

Thanks for posting this, Fred! We will have to wait and see what further comes out of this - I suspect that the rules will remain unchanged in large part, though an easing of restrictions is quite possible by Spring-Summer. It would be quite challenging, though, I think!

Trav.

Posted: Feb 25, 2022 00:41:58

La Ronde website now presents information about a new 3-tier season pass program. The lowest option features blockout dates for special events on:

Saturday June 25
Saturday July 2
Saturday July 9
Wednesday July 13
Saturday July 16
Wednesday July 20
Wednesday August 3
Saturday August 6

A such schedule is a departure from the opening and closing dates released on the IFLQ Facebook page on December 14, 2021.

The lack of fireworks on Sat. July 30 may be caused by Osheaga, but a such 14-day hiatus would be unprecedented. Additional displays on Sat. July 23 and Wed. July 27 would bring the total to 10 shows for the first time since 2009.

These are unconfirmed dates for now.

Fred

Posted: Feb 28, 2022 23:01:38

The English-language side of La Ronde website now presents a 9th blockout date (Wednesday July 27) during the fireworks season, for the cheapest season pass option.

It can be a clue of a 9-show line-up for the 2022 edition of the competition. Whereas the fireworks competition featured nine or ten 30-minute shows per year from 1992 to 2013, there were eight displays per year from 2014 to 2019, as well as for the cancelled 2020 season.

This information must be considered with caution as it not confirmed and the official website seems to go through an update process these days.

Fred

Posted: Apr 12, 2022 17:04:21

La Ronde website has been updated today, with the addition of park hours for most of the 2022 season. The only dates with a late closing time at 11:30pm are those listed in my previous posts. So it seems we will have a 9-show calendar for the first time since 2013! The calendar should be the following one:

Saturday June 25
Saturday July 2
Saturday July 9
Wednesday July 13
Saturday July 16
Wednesday July 20
Wednesday July 27
Wednesday August 3
Saturday August 6

Fred

Posted: Apr 28, 2022 11:11:15

Finally the companies have been announced:

https://www.sixflags.com/larondeen/linternational-des-feux

https://www.sixflags.com/larondeen/linternational-des-feux/program

Five new companies! Two opening shows. Six competitors and a closing show.

Posted: May 3, 2022 15:34:31

Any thoughts as to-- I can only attend one of these shows this year. Which one shows the most promise?

I realize these are opinions only but many of you might have seen some of the shows by some of these companies elsewhere. I value all opinions.

Thanks in advance...

Dan

Posted: May 20, 2022 10:12:50   Edited by: fireworksforum

Dan - that's a tough question with so many new competitors. Mirnovek did a really great display in 2013 (see http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=786 )and ended up on the podium, but not with the Gold - so, no doubt, the will be trying really hard. I know Pyrotex of the UK will be trying hard, too, and the have won quite a few other competitions. As for the other companies, it's harder to say!

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.018