Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2022 Display Reviews —› Soundtrack for the Pyrotex Fireworx display
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 20:22:50   Edited by: fireworksforum

[url=http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=1781
]http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=1781
[/url]

60 years of unforgettable music
For its first participation in Montréal, Pyrotex Fireworx will make the sky come alive with a colourful fireworks display dancing to the sound and rhythm of musicals ranging from the 1960s to the 2010s. Classical masterpieces, jazz, pop and dance hits will delight spectators of all ages. The soundtrack will feature hits from Abba, Queen, Bonnie Tyler, Andrea Bocelli, Paul McCartney, and Coldplay.
Pyrotex Fireworx

Founded in 1999, Pyrotex Fireworx has participated in many fireworks competitions and won many accolades. In 2010 and 2011, they took home first place at the British Musical Fireworks Champions Competition. Other awards include the Audience’s Choice Award at the Monaco International Musical Fireworks Competition in 2012 and 2014, the People’s Choice Award at the Festival d’art pyrotechnique de Cannes in 2015, and the Grand Champion Award at the Philippine International Pyromusical Competition in 2016 and 2018.

Year Title Artist
1960s Reet Petite Jackie Wilson
1970s Dancing Queen Abba
1970s We Will Rock You Queen
1980s Total Eclipse of the Heart Bonnie Tyler
1980s The Lion Sleeps Tonight Tight Fit
2000s Fix You Coldplay
2000s Sandstorm Darude
2010s Faded Alan Walker
2010s Love Me Like You Do Ellie Goulding
1990s Time to Say Goodbye Andrea Bocelli
Timeless God Save The Queen British National Anthem
1990s Live and Let Die Paul McCartney

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 05:30:46   Edited by: Rovira

I'm Very surprised they are not doing their already iconic Hallelujah finale. They did it in Philippines, hannover, knokke heist, pyronale... I always thought it would be perfect for Montreal since the song is from Leonard Cohen who was from Montreal. I took it from granted haha

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 13:38:13   Edited by: fredbastien

I have not seen these previous shows. But the original version of Hallelujah was released in 1984 according to Wikipedia. So a finale with that music would not fit with the “storyline” emerging from this line-up.

I am excited to see this show of the last entrant to the 2022 competition. It is an anticipated one given their record of achievements in other international competitions, and the pictures disseminated by the British team during the weekend added to my enthusiasm! (And more letter racks, apparently. They are definitely trendy this year.)

Fred

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 14:21:32

It was a cover by Leona Lewis or some pther english female singer i think, realeased probably between 2005 and 2015.

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 14:45:12

For what it's worth, Montreal competition entries are supposed to be unique displays, not a redo of something that's been presented before ... though I know this is not always the case!

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 19:47:02   Edited by: fireworksforum

Hold the press - the soundtrack order as supplied by La Ronde is incorrect. The original post here is correct now!

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 05:16:26   Edited by: Rovira

Oh this sounds good! Im very excited actually. Time to say good bye being sort of fake finale, and the british anthem giving me 2004 Weco vibes. I really liked it.

Pyrotex is well known for their gold finales but I feel Live and let die wont be one of them.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.018