Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› End of an era - Martyne Gagnon to retire
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 11:16:54

It is the end of an era for the Montreal International Fireworks Competition as its director Martyne Gagnon will retire later this month. One week before her final closing show, Martyne gave an in-depth interview to <montreal-fireworks.com>, discussing her early days in the competition, her mentors, the life of the competition director, changes through the years, as well as the future. While waiting for the full publication of the interview report on Saturday August 6th, here is a preview with a Portuguese flavor!

We will be publishing an in-depth article on Saturday. In the meantime, a teaser video can be found here on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=739324630514098

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 21:37:47

Very sad news! I met Martyne once in 2018, when she gave me a ticket for the Pyrotecnico show. She was adorable.

I wanna wish her the best and thank her for carrying this massive competition with love and hard work. I'm truly worried for the future, I fear it will be hard to find someone as passionate as her to be the director. The competition needs a constant push to keep the level up and those who manage the budget and organitzation need to understant they are being part of the best competition in the business. I think she did a great job inviting smaller and new companies to the competition while getting some other big companies who doesnt use to do show in fireworks competitions like Aoki, Group-F ... Lets see how it goes in the future. I hope we can enjoy the competition for MANY years.

Merci Martyne

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022