Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› I am still alive!!!
Last poster Message

Posted: Apr 25, 2005 09:10:51

Hey guys, I am back. I was quite busy during the winter, but now I have a bit of free time. I am starting to get the "fireworks fever" again, now that we are not even 2 months away from the new season! I hope everybody's doing fine! I realised the other day, that I have lost all the clips that I had made of the 2004 finales When I click on them, they no longer work.....and since I am not computer wizard, I deleted them. I tried to download them again from this site, but I wasn't able to do that Oh well, this year, I will be going on the bridge again with my digital camera, and try to do a much better job of recording those finales. I am so glad that the schedule is out (it has been out for quite a while, I see) and that makes me feel excited. Just one disappointment though....IPON (Italy) won't be there this Summer I guess I will have to wait another year to watch their AMAZING/EXCITING/PACKED WITH THUNDERING SALUTES finales!

OK......it's great to be back. Take care everyone and be patient, there's only a few weeks left and we'll be getting what we want!

Pierre

Posted: Apr 25, 2005 10:30:10   Edited by: Smoke

Pierre,

Most impressive. I'm happy to see you again and I'm also happy that you're still alive! For some odd reason I thought you would show up soon.

Anyways, yes, I realize that you have been busy, my friend. And it's a real shame that you lost those clips. However, perhaps you can download that huge fireworks file that Enkil created back in September. This includes all the finales you recorded and other segments, plus some other miscellaneous things. So, maybe you can still view them, or you can ask Enkil. He's an expert at this sort of thing.

Regarding the schedule, yes, I was also disappointed that Italy (IPON), wasn't there. But, on the other hand, we will be treated with 5 new firms, including the new country, Czech Republic. Plus, it's back to the old Gold, Silver and Bronze scenario. In my opinion, I think it will be a fantastic year, just like every other year. At least we still get to see Spain, but with a new firm representing them. I hope they'll excite us like Caballer or Igual usually do. I'm sure they will, though.

As for time, I've been counting down since last August. And my, how time has flown since then. It's been roughly 9 months since the Panzera display and plus, we're almost into May! We'll be there in no time, but I don't want time to go by too fast from now on as the weather is getting warmer. And who knows, maybe we'll have some nice thunderstorms this summer, like last year.

Well, I hope the weather cooperates soon because I want to do some gardening. Jeeze, I couldn't wait to say that!

If you'd like, since you've got some free time, we could probably catch up a bit more.

Best regards,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 26, 2005 01:43:53

Hey, Pierre.
Great to hear that one of the premier videographers will be back on the job this year!
First rule of computing is to make backups. I just reinstalled my operating system. Only lost some minor stuff like financial tax records - nothing really important like the fireworks videos.
I'm sure lots of us still have your files intact. I know I do. Unfortunately, with a slow dial-up connection, I can't easily put them up. Hopefully, somebody will come up with an efficient solution for you.
Highly appreciate all your efforts.

M-fan

Posted: May 3, 2005 11:38:23

Pierre,

You still around?

Anyways, I'm sure you'll do a fine job. /The most tedious thing, however, is all the shaking.

Do you have a tripod?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: May 5, 2005 18:16:46

Can you make a firework fuse without gun powder?

Posted: May 6, 2005 06:58:22

Yes.

Posted: Jun 21, 2005 15:54:55

yes thats easy,buy a sparklers or soak paper in potassium nitrate+water solution and dry for 5 hour.

Posted: Jun 23, 2005 06:59:39

Pierre,

Where are you? Are you still planning on filming the finales?

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025