Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Video
Last poster Message

Posted: Apr 27, 2005 05:16:56

Hello all,
Long time lurker...first time poster.

This past weekend, hubby and I went to Thunder Over Louisville. Last summer we attended the International Competition in Calgary and were thrilled by the Canadian display. We were hoping Thunder would be something like that. It wasn't.

My friend who lives in Louisville just emailed me saying, "how was it?" I'd like to send her a video of a REAL pyromusical but seems the links here aren't working any more.

Can someone help?

Also, I'm having a problem with this site. For some reason the two boxes that say "founding member of..." and the copyright box which should be at the bottom of the page are about 1/3 of the way up my page and they do not move when I scroll. Anyone else having that problem?

Posted: Apr 27, 2005 07:51:09

Hello,

You were definitely treated to one of Canada's best designers at the Calgary International Fireworks Competition this past summer. As you may be aware, Brad Dezotell, owner of Fireworks Spectaculars, designed that winning display. It was his second win in a row for that competition.

You can find a small clip of his winning show in 2003 at his website.

[url=]http://www.fireworksspectaculars.com/movies/fscmovieshero.htm[/u rl]

Good luck.

Sean

Posted: Apr 27, 2005 08:47:54

Thanks Sean...
The only problem is that this clip doesn't have sound - or at least it didn't for me.

What I want to show my friend is the way these displays are so closely syncronized to the music. For example, I remember in Calgary when they played "What a Wonderful World," by Louis Armstrong - where the song says "red" they did red shots and where it says"I love you" they did hearts. That kind of thing. The ones we see here in thes states just don't have that kind of precision and artistry. People don't even know what you're talking about when you try to explain it.

Do you have any other links?

Thanks a million!
Janine

Posted: Apr 27, 2005 09:06:20

Ooops - someone had turned the speakers down.

Thanks!!!

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022