Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› I am back...
Last poster Message

Posted: Nov 26, 2005 10:54:41

Hi Everyone! (Trav, Enkil, Paul, Fred.....and all)

I am glad to post a message in here, after being absent for several months......time flies by so fast, but this means there's a little less than 7 months before the 2006 fireworks season starts! This also means that the 2006 schedule will be out in about a month or so........hoping that IPON SRL (Italy) will be part of the competition this time! I hope everyone is doing great. I am glad to learn that there will be fireworks displays at the Old Port of Montreal for 4 Saturdays in a row, starting December 3rd! I will try my best to attend. I miss watching fireworks so much. Yesterday evening (Friday), I was watching TV on channel 46 (Moutain Lake PBS) and to my amazement, it was about the Montreal fireworks competition. The show is called "Roadside adventures" and runs every Friday evening at 20:00....I missed part of the show, but I hope they will play it again in the future....I'll be on the watch!

Oh.....I was wondering if some of you still have the clips I had taken of the finales during the Summer of 2004! I don't have them anymore and I would love to watch them again. Anyone would be kind enough to upload them again in here? Or maybe make a copy on a cd? I'd really appreciate.

Talk to you later.....have a great weekend!

Pierre

Posted: Dec 3, 2005 11:26:54

Hi Pierre!!!!

As I said in my email to you, it's wonderful to see you here! Now my mind is set on finales and summer! Seriously, I love it when you pop out of nowhere all of a sudden! Really, I thought I wouldn't see you again until maybe May 2006! Anyways, once again, it's great to see you!

As for uploading the 2004 finale clips, I believe Enkil is working on it, but he, like all of us, has been very busy, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll get to see them prior to Christmas! Actually, I'm glad you brought that up, Pierre. I would love to see them again, especially that enormous Caballer one!

Honestly, this is the first time when it has been so active around here at this time of the year. Your thread is catchy, too! I suppose it's because we haven't seen you in so long. If you can, post whenever possible!

Take care, Pierre.

Trav.

Posted: Dec 4, 2005 09:08:22   Edited by: Salutes lover

Hey Trav!

Well, thank you for the warm welcome, my friend. It feels great to be back! Whenever I get the chance and time, I will post again for sure, as I love to exchange thoughts with you guys......and I love hearing about what you all have to say! ;-)

I must thank you, Enkil, for taking the time to upload the 2004 finales for me. Please take your time, as there is no rush.....just knowing I will get to see them again, makes this guy very happy indeed!!! I had the clips on my computer, but I could not view them anymore, because I did not have the new quicktime version and did not know about that....so I deleted the clips. What a mistake....but now, I know better.

Anyway, take care my friends and don't forget to go outside as much as you can during winter, even when it's real cold. Breathing fresh air and exercising prevents you from catching a cold or the flu......not the other way around!!!

Pierre

Posted: Dec 6, 2005 16:46:41

Hi Pierre,

Welcome back!
Sorry for the late reply. Smoke is right. I understand you lost the finales you took last year lol. But no worries. I have them on a CD, I will rip it for you and Smoke. Just to let you know... There in MPG format, not MOV. They'll be ready by Christmas for sure.

BTW, I will go to the old port fireworks too. But since I have so much exams because we finish the session in less week. I can only attend December 24th display! It will also be a nice way to celebrate the coming vacation, unless si on devrait reprendre les jours de grève

Posted: Dec 9, 2005 11:06:14   Edited by: Smoke

Pierre,

I know what you mean. But as long as we get to see those clips again, I'm more than happy, considering the lack of good finales we've missed out this year.

If you think about it this way, we haven't seen consecutive good finales in almost 2 years!

And Enkil, thank you for your time with that CD! A beautiful Christmas present, indeed! And I hope you wouldn't have extra days of school.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 11, 2005 06:49:19

Hi Enkil,

Yes, I did lose last year's finales (2004)......I deleted them because they did not work properly, due to the fact that I did not have the latest version of quicktime......see what ignorance can do? LOL I guess I'll know better next time!

Also, thank you for the warm welcome! I really appreciate the fact that you will give me a chance to see the finales again......but please, take your time as I know you are busy with your studies. There's no rush and I don't want you to give yourself a deadline. It can wait until after the Holidays.....your exams are much more important!

J'espère que tu n'auras pas à reprendre les jours perdus à cause de la grève......tu as certainement bien mérité ton congé des Fêtes et je te souhaite de pouvoir en profiter au maximum!

Bon dimanche!

Pierre

Posted: Dec 11, 2005 06:59:16

Hey Trav,

I am sure that we will get to see exciting finales during the 2006 season, my friend. It's just impossible to get two consecutive years without a "fast-paced", "intensive", "explosive", "thunderous", "loaded with salutes", "deafening" finale!!!

I need them so badly! LOL

Take care, Trav!

Pierre

Posted: Dec 13, 2005 20:21:18   Edited by: Smoke

Hi there, Pierre,

Well, I'm sure we will be treated, hopefully, with tremendous finales next year. I've just taken a quick glimpse of the new schedule and am quite pleased in some cases, but I hope we can expect the best.

And yes, we do need good finales badly. I'm not sure if you have that feeling, but I have the notion that we're missing the suspense parts of the shows for some time. This is why I'm hoping we do get some descent ones next year or I fear we may get used to a competition without good finales. Not to say that the show is only about finales, but still an important part, probably more important in some circumstances. Other than that, at least we have the fireworks competition here, so I guess, in that context, we shouldn't complain.

You take care, too, Pierre.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 14, 2005 12:48:08

Trav,

I agree with you on that..........to me, the main reason why I go attend to the firework displays, is to see the finale. I want, I need and I expect a nice, long, intensive and loud finale......and when I don't get one, I am very disappointed .....even if the first 28 minutes of the display was real nice. I can't help it, I am a "finale guy"....LOL

Pierre ;-)

Posted: Dec 15, 2005 17:17:21

Pierre,

Don't feel bad about that. I'm a finale person, myself. I've been one for over 16 years since I started off at the competition. And I'm more that 100% that the majority of people enjoy this part the most. Trust me, there's many people that only wait for that finale and couldn't care less about the rest! I'm not that type of person, but yes, as I said countless time in ages past, it is the most important to me since it's the final result of the show and gives a lasting impression to the audience. There's nothing that can beat that feeling of excitement. Then again, when the finale isn't good, the huge crowd is disappointed as if the rest of the show wasn't even there even if it was more exciting than the finale. It's always that feeling and I've seen so much this year.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022