Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Historical Canadian Demo night April 22nd.
Last poster Message

Posted: Mar 20, 2006 16:19:15

Canadians! Tired of the snow? Want to spend time with your firework friends doing what you love? This April 22nd join us in Pointe-des-Cascades, Quebec for "The Night of Fire - La Nuit des Feux".

At this historical event there will be at least 6 suppliers from across Canada conducting firework product demonstrations in both Display fireworks and Family fireworks. Learn about the latest products, make new Pyro friends and enjoy the fun!

Whether you’re into buying, setting up, or just plain old want to have fun… Come and enjoy “The Night of Fire - La Nuit des Feux”!

Go to [url=]http://www.canadianfireworks.org[/url]www.canadianfireworks.org to register.

Posted: Mar 20, 2006 19:12:37

Hi Brayno,

Thank you for the warm offer. I'll seriously look into this since I'm done my classes by then, though I need to know where Pointe-Des-Cascades is.

Other than that, yes, I'm tired of the snow and the cold and have been since I heard about it since back in October. Alas, today is Spring.

And thanks for the link.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 20, 2006 21:24:04

Pointe-des-Cascades is West of Montreal. You can find directions at http://www.canadianfireworks.org/mapapril06.html

We look forward to seeing you and all Montreal-Fireworks.com members there!

Thanks,

Bill Raynault
Vice President
Canadian Fireworks Association

Posted: Mar 21, 2006 19:23:05

Thank you, Bill. Your information is greatly appreciated to us. I'll definitely conisder your offer.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 21:11:30

In my humble opinion, it is WAY too expensive.

50$ is a huge amount of money for a get together and a couple of demos.

Could you give me a bit more detaila about the event and tell me why i should waste 50$ to be there ?

I've been doing fireworks profesionally for 10 years btw.

Enjoy your evening, without me...unless...

MARC

Posted: Apr 18, 2006 21:27:46

Food, Fireworks, and Fun!

The $50 gets pre-registrants an event t-shirt, lunch, and to have their 2 cents in the future of the Canadian Fireworks Association ACP. We are developing a Supervisor Training Course that will be used nationwide. The demo night allows you to evaluate new products from Royal Pyrotechnie (Dancing Fireworks Chinese products) or family fireworks from the new company, Long Fireworks. And you'll get to see a new wireless system from Nevada which is just plain awesome. Plus tons of other products too!

The money helps pay for any expenses such as meeting rooms, AV equipment, security, etc. We're throwing in a lunch and a t-shirt (pre-registration is closed now so we have only a few shirts left)

If you've done this for 10 years then you have lots to offer, you can help the CFA grow and improve the fireworks industry nationwide.

I don't see why one wouldn't want to come out. Besides it's the cheapest firework event one can go to in North America!

Hope to see you there!

Bill

Posted: Apr 19, 2006 07:16:59

Marc,

Fireworks are not free, and you should know that being a professional for 10 years.

Eventhough these companies will be providing some of the product for the demos, there are a huge amount of logistics that must be addressed, and they all come at a cost.

Supervisors attending this event from across Canada, expect a professional planned weekend, and money is needed to provide this service.

Events like these are held all across North America, and we are by far the most economical fireworks event.

We would love to do this for free, but its not possible.

Sean

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 14:04:20

AHH HAA............Familiprix (lol).

There is a wireless firing system!?! Why isn't La Ronde using it? I would love to be there to see it in action. However, I have my final Monday morning (discret math... ) . I'll have to wait for the next time .

Posted: Apr 20, 2006 19:51:43

There will be 3 firing systems. Firelinx wireless (made in USA), Pyrocontrole (made in Canada!) and Pyroleda Sequencer (made in Italy).

La Ronde has been evaluating the new wireless system and might be there again to discuss things.

We are also doing a private tour on Sunday of the La Ronde competition site then a lunch at either Shwartz or another place.

With 50 attendees spanning across Canada from BC to New Brunswick this is going to be an awesome event!

See you all there!

Bill

Posted: Apr 21, 2006 08:33:45   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Dan,

I have a final today, which is, actually, in about 2-3 hours from now. After this one, I have to get studying on the other subjects. I wish you all the best for yours on Monday.

As for the wireless firing system, it's good to know that they exist, but it would also be equally convenient to see it used in our competition one day. As always, I'm sure everything has its disadvantages, but I'm sure the wireless feature will do it justice under many criteria.

Oh yes, April is coming to a close as we head into May and eventually June. Where has time gone?

And thank you, Bill and Sean, for the information.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.027