Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Les Grands Feux Telus - Sherbrooke
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 17, 2006 08:48:51

This year's winner of the Canadian Competition in Sherbrooke was Fireworks Spectaculars of Canada (Feux d'artifice Boreal claimed second prize).

Congratulations to Brad Dezotell and his crew for creating a great display.

This year's competition was unique. Only teams that have won in previous years were invited to compete for the 25th anniversary of the festival (La Fete du Lac des Nations).

The teams competing were:

Ruggieri Fireworks & Special Effects - Saskatchewan (Winner 2005)
Feux d'artifice Boreal - New Brunswick (Winner 2004)
Garden City Display Fireworks - Ontario (Winner 2002)
Fireworks Spectaculars of Canada - Alberta (Winner 2003)

Congratulations to all the teams that competed this year and produced truly amazing and orginal displays.

Sean

Posted: Jul 17, 2006 09:50:35

According to a one-year-old rumor, the winner of the Lac des Nations festival would be invited to represent Canada in Montreal in 2007? Is it right? If it is, it would be nice to see a Canadian firm from outside Quebec for the first time!

Fred

Posted: Jul 17, 2006 10:23:06

Hi Fred,

I have not heard that rumour. I am very confident that Fireworks Spectaculars of Canada can produce an amazing display in Montreal.

They have won the competition in Sherbrooke twice, in addition, they won the international competition in Calgary named Global Fest in both 2003 and 2004.

I don't think that the current setup of the competition in Sherbrooke would properly qualify a contestant to represent Canada in Montreal.

As a company owner from Ontario, it would be nice to see a Canadian firm from outside Quebec represent Canada in Montreal for the first time.

Sean

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020