Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› La saison des feux approche !
Last poster Message

Posted: Mar 28, 2007 19:06:07

salut a tous
bonne nouvelle il reste quelque mois encore avant la prestigieuse compétition ! je sens déjà l'odeur de la poudre à canon

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 08:56:10

Hi Jerome,

It has been some time, my friend. Indeed, the competition is honestly not that far away at all, and it looks like, of all years, the waiting time since the closing of the last competition didn't feel that long; I mean I'm not even sure how it's almost April already ( I like this time of year to slow down, as it is the anticipation build up just before the beginning of Summer).

However, now that we're well into Spring, I suppose we can indulge in this fabulous warm weather until then. Similarly, I'm hoping for the weather to cooperate for this season, but of course, I'll be sure to keep my eye out for that.

Cheers,

Trav.

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 19:08:19

yeah dude thats a pretty nice competition coming ! i hope for a great weather and i hope for my cam work as well !

Posted: Mar 29, 2007 21:39:33   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Jerome,

Indeed, I echo the same sentiment with regards to the idealized weather conditions. In addition, I'm positive that there's going to be a greater degree of anticipation and/or expectations with respect to finales as well, especially given that there hasn't been a massive/frightening conclusion (including with Panzera) since 2004. Of course, there were a few in between since then (i.e. France 2005/2006, USA 2005 and Australia 2006) and it's still a haunting memory of what happened to Italy last year during their closing segment with all that potential, but let's hope everything will be successful for every participant this year from beginning to end.

Besides this little hopeful criteria, I'm more confident that we'll be exposed to, as always, an increasing amount of innovative ideas with each, or most performances this coming season, and hence a wide spectrum of creativity.

I'd like to bring my camera as well this time around.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 31, 2007 13:15:04

Oh yes, I did forget to mention that South Africa had a beautifully concocted finisher as well, not to mention Sweden in 2005 (considering the problems they had, too).

On a side note, the commencing displays last year had problems just after the impeccable countdown, but let's hope that everything will go well this season.

Other than that, today is the last day of March, and tomorrow is April fools! Yet another month has gone by so fast.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 31, 2007 16:09:32

Its my birthday tommorrow ! 17 years old ! I feel exited by the fist firm (pirotechnia igual) i really love this firm because i use his product !

Posted: Apr 1, 2007 00:57:23

reloadable shell

Posted: Mar 31, 2007 16:09:32

Its my birthday tommorrow ! 17 years old ! I feel exited by the fist firm (pirotechnia igual) i really love this firm because i use his product !

reloadable shell

Posted: Mar 30, 2007 16:19:57

I probably work for pyromagic production this year at la ronde !!

[i][/i]

So how is it that you are only turning 17 and yet you are working for Pyromagic at this years competition? From my knowledge (and right from ERD website, see following link, scroll down to columns, under Apprentice), a requirement to be active in fireowrks you need to be at least 18 years old. What's the story?
( http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/mms/explosif/edu/edu_displayB_e.htm )

Posted: Apr 1, 2007 02:14:18

Jerome,

Happy birthday, my friend. I hope you will have a fine and exquisite day; the weather will actually be milder moreso than it was yesterday, but beware of possible showers in the later afternoon hours, and even for the potential of a possible thundershower. The rain will commence tomorrow evening and last for the following couple of days, so today's upcoming conditions are comparably generous given the risk of any precipitation.

With regards to what Comet Run said, though, I too am curious about your involvement in the area of handling fireworks at your age. Were you recommended somehow?

And happy April Fools, everyone.

Trav.

Posted: Apr 2, 2007 12:23:22

ah thank you trav ! yeah i'm very young for my age to work in pyro, But , its possble to work with pyrotechnician ! I'm a 1.4G consumer firework technician and i just make the clean-up after the display ! I working legally !

Posted: Apr 3, 2007 00:53:32

reloadable. good to hear you are on the up & up. It's frustrating hearing about guys cheating or skirting the rules.
You say you might be working for Pyromagic. Will they be hiring Canadians this time around or will they be bringing some of their own Chinese guys? And who will be designing this year for them? Curious to see their show this year without the Guy who designed their last show.

Posted: Apr 3, 2007 10:33:30

sorry guy I dont know the designer, and i dont really know i working this year at La ronde..............

Posted: Apr 6, 2007 16:57:58

Jerome,

Do you have an idea of where you're going to be viewing the fireworks this year?

Trav.

Posted: Apr 13, 2007 23:59:22   Edited by: reloadable shell

Of course ! I alway goes on the jacque-cartier bridge right at the front of the large caliber zone and i alway wear my Royal Pyrotechnie Tee-shirt hey trav its the time for you to set a MSN account because i really want to talk to you dude !

Posted: Apr 15, 2007 15:48:12   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for telling me your general viewing area for the fireworks. As for MSN, I was planning to download it since it would be convenient to those who do not have AOL as an instant messenger. I'll see what I can do in the meantime, Jerome.

I should actually conduct a poll here to see how much everyone despises this 2000-like Spring season so far. I'm now on Summer break, but this is clearly not a good way to start, particularly with that sense of anti-climax due to the lack of warm weather that is associated with the conclusion of the Winter semester. I know many people who are depressed over these elongated conditions, especially when you hear that snow is in the forecast while stuggling to even hit 5 Celsius; I'm very disappointed.

At this point, everyday that goes by now and is terrible is essentially a waste, unfortunately.

Oh yes, everyone should be aware of that Nor'easter on the way; the same one that brought vehement storms to the U.S and subsequently claimed 5 lives as a result of tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. Please be prepared for the severe weather headed this way tonight into tomorrow, especially with the winds.

I have been keeping an eye on the storm for the past few days and will continue to do so until it is over. It's hard to believe that Summer is coming at this point.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.017