Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› HSBC Celebration of Light - Vancouver
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 8, 2007 07:21:26

This year's winner of the 2007 HSBC Celebration of Light, which is held in Vancouver, is team Canada.

Congratulations to Archangel Fireworks Inc. from Winnipeg, Manitoba. This is the first time Archangel Fireworks has competed in an international competition, and designers Kelly Guille and Sean Procter have made quite the impression with their show titled "Take Five to Jive".

Three teams competed this year:

Spain - Ricardo Caballer, S.A. (Ricasa)
Canada - Archangel Fireworks Inc.
China - Lidu Fireworks Corporation Ltd.

For more information, go to:

http://www.celebration-of-light.com

Sean

Posted: Aug 8, 2007 10:50:02

Having watched some of these shows on youtube, I am completely disappointed in the shows we had in Montreal this year. In case some of you haven`t seen it yet, here is Spain's finale from their Vancouver show this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuTwhJbbQRE

Needless to say its better then pretty much all the finales we saw this year, maybe only the Canada's was better.

Posted: Aug 8, 2007 12:22:46

That was a nice video. Caballer did an awesome job with that finale, and the soundtrack that was used was the same one as part of their display when they were here in 2004, though not for the finisher.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 8, 2007 12:29:30   Edited by: Rovira

The spanish company is Ricardo Caballer, no Vicente Caballer. The surname is the same because they're cousins but there is no relation between the companies.

Ricardo Caballer, Igual and Vicente Caballer are the most important companies of Spain.

Ricardo Caballer was in Montreal in 2005, no in 2004. I think a lot of people should know they're diferent companies.

The finale is good...but very simple....I prefer the Montreal finales. Maybe the Ricasa's finale in 2005 was less louder but the design was better....the Vancouver ones is not original, only peonyes, some mines and some gold shells....very simple from my point of view.

Posted: Aug 8, 2007 12:49:50

^^^

Thanks for that, Rovira. You're right-it was Vicente that presented in Montreal, not Ricardo. I tend to associate them as the same firm.

However, Ricardo used the same soundtrack in their display at Vancouver as Vicente when Vicente did their presentation in Montreal in 2004. Good choice.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 8, 2007 19:32:18

Well maybe this finale will be of more to your liking then Rovira. Its china's this year from Vancouver. The video is about 7 mins long with the finale being the last about 4 mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTOV9Cc8VMY&mode=related&search=

Posted: Aug 9, 2007 08:18:59

I prefer the Ricasa's finale for its intensity...however, from my point of view, the China's finale is more creative.

The structure of this finale is better than the Spain ones. The chinese companie combine some nice effects with the gold shells.

I love three parts of this finale:

1- The serpent effects holding the gold shells. This is very creative... From my point of view a finale with gold is not a good finale. Gold effects are slow and a finale has to be fast, intense, and here they combiene the slow gold effects with the fast serpents that hold the gold structure.

2- They use different heights, and this is very creative too. They use the water, a medium height and the sky. The sky is saturated of gold.

3- Love the end with cracker in a medium height.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019