Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Anyone else here plays RCT3 for fireworks?
Last poster Message

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 05:49:59   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

Yes i do play that game and i was wondering if anyone else here plays that?
The mixmaster is perfect in creating amazing pyromusical!! heres some videos that i made using rct3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ydJvEZz701k here's my latest entitled music through the years
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ilf9378_Rvc here's my halloween show that i entered in a halloween exposition! named epitome of fear!
I hope you like them and you'll be playing the game soon !!

Vander

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 01:15:52

Hey Vander,

I've tried the original Roller Coaster Tycoon before and I remember enjoying it. I've watched your RCT3 fireworks videos before, and as I think you are well aware, I'm impressed with your personal ability to design shows as well as the program itself.

I think I might buy the program as an early Christmas present for myself after this semester of school, when I would have much more time to spend playing around with it. It seems like a great substitute for casual pyrotechnic fans like myself who are not willing to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars for very high-end simulation software.

Tyler

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 02:56:57

It's actually a very good substition! it's just you don't see the cues and those things hehehehe!! You should buy both rct original and the soaked expansion hehe!!

Yup that's true, high end simulation softwares are too expensive hehehe!!! but when you use them it feels like ur a pyrotechnician hehehehe!!

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 15:27:17   Edited by: Smoke

Wow, those were great videos, r_o_e! I suddenly feel inspired in creating a pyromusical like that myself, but of course I need the right software.

I particularly liked the first video in that you used such a perfect diverse set of soundtrack all the way through, allowing for pretty good transitions in pace! I was also quite enamored by the use of an ABBA soundtrack in there as well (one of my favorites).

I also loved the Halloween display - the background and atmosphere were perfect, and the music had a good chill to it. Good job on the two finales, too.

This sort of reminds me of the virtual fireworks contest introduced on this forum back in 2003 somehow. I wonder if we'll get the chance to particpiate in it again...

Trav.

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 03:35:46

Oh that mamma mia part was inspired by goteborg fyverkeri fabrik's mamma mia in the swedish pyromusical championship! look for it in youtube it was a great segment hehehehe

Vander

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 07:13:27

Well, not only Mamma Mia segment, there were more pieces where we could see your passion for Montreal Fireworks.

With the Napolitane dance, Tango, Jump, Nightmare, Jeanne d'Arc....

Very well done, love the finales and the synchro, it's perfect! I use Showsim, it's also a great simulator.

Rovira

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 11:49:55

Doesn't Showsim cost a fortune? I looked into purchasing it awhile back.

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 04:02:36   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

Indeed those were from montreal fireworks hehhe!! But tango was something i saw from jupiters show in hannovver and danse napolitane was from gff's show in hannover also! The yellow and green part of the first video was from luso's show in les nuits de feu france! just for everyones information i just used them as inspiration! and i didnt try to copy their displays!! hhehehe someone might accuse me of plagiarism lol!

Yeah showsim is quite too expensive! i got a video of a show that i made using showsim! i think that i made this show last year! I don't remember if i posted it here before! here it is! http://youtube.com/watch?v=FYu99JRzNtA

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 13:31:07

Indeed Trav, Showsim cost almost 4000 $. So it's very expensive.

But there is a demo on their website.

Reflections, I saw some nice effects in your vide...why I don't have them in my demos? Hae you got the program? ;-)

And yes, maybe some of your music choice are not from Montreal exactly, but for example, danse napolitane was showed first in Montreal than in Hannover, the tango segment the same ...And yes, what you do with the music is not the sema they did on their shows. As I said I love your videos.

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 03:12:27   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

I think it's either the ones you saw where something that i made or maybe i have a different demo or maybe your using an older one!! What effects are you talkin about? could you tell me specifically?

Thanks foy liking my videos I just needed to clear that i wasn't copying because there might be some virtual guards! lol hahahahaha!!!

Vander!

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 14:14:16

Hey Guys,

What kind of RCT3 do you have? I got the orginal RCT3 when it first came out and I don't have any ofthe same pieces..mine arejust basic.. But also I wish there were salutes in that game!
But guys...there is one firework piece in that selection. Either red, green or blue wagon wheels. I use it as salutes all the time in my finales.

Btw, Vander...how do you put the fireworks videos on youtube?

Thx for reading,
Pat

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 14:19:21

Hey Vander,

In your video "One shot sequence" how did you get salutes in there!?!What game? If it is RCT3 I need to know
Im going to make a show that will thunder Trav, Vander and me
Anyways

See you,
Pat

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 23:42:32   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

go to rctpyro.com for the salutes and other effects you just need to find them in the downloads section! their in at_mads pack hahha!

you have been asking about what salutes actually look like! from the outside it just looks like any normal shells! and their put on a mortar just like any other shells! on the inside though its just pure black powder with a few flash compositions!

vander

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023