Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› TBC - A 2008 Schedule from June to August?
Last poster Message

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 08:15:38

The following information has to be confirmed, but according to the website of Québec Tourism Office, the 2008 competition will start on Saturday, June 21th and will end on Wednesday, August 6th:

http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-fr/fiches/fr/evenements/1413569.html

Since a couple of years, the schedule was stable enough, beginning on mid-June and ending at the end of July. However, there is a long-term trend to move the calendar ahead in the summer. I believe that it would be a good move to increase the attendance to the displays, if La Ronde makes the appropriate marketing in order to be sure that people know which nights the fireworks are scheduled.

Below is a tentative schedule for 9-display hypothesis:

Saturday, June 21th
Saturday, June 28th
Saturday, July 5th
Saturday, July 12th
Saturday, July 19th
Saturday, July, 26th
Wednesday, July 30th
Saturday, August 2nd
Wednesday, August 6th

(Add a display on Wednesday, July 23th for a 10-display hypothesis.)

Fred

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 12:29:05   Edited by: Smoke

o_0

And here I thought after all these years what it would be like to have the competition extend into August! In many years in the past as I recall, there have been a few occasions where it came close to just crossing into the month of August.

If this scheme should be confirmed, there will be a prolonged setting of one display per week falling on every Saturday - traditionally there's one display per week leading up till early July, where they then start adding a display on the Wednesday, making it two displays a week until the competition ends.

Personally, I very much like this sort of scenario since it will make the competition last longer while still starting approximately at around the same time. Having more than half the displays presenting once a week on the Saturday may actually prompt a greater volume of spectators indeed. It will also be the first time there have been any displays occurring in August in the existence of this competition since 1985, which is pretty interesting.

Edit: Hopefully 2008 it will be a 10-display season (including the closing). Thanks for the thrilling info, Fred.

Trav.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 07:45:51

Good day,

Admission.com has posted a date for team Canada on Monday July 23, 2008 at LaRonde. with tickets going on sale on December 14th. My french is not the greatest, so maybe someone could check the site and see if I'm reading it incorrectly.

I do find it strange that the date is on a Monday, and that it is the only date listed.

Sean

Page loading time (sec.): 0.013