Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› world pyro olympics 2008
Last poster Message

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 23:26:11

here in the philippines we have one international fireworks competition called world pyro olympics this year the countries and the schedule is on
February 16 - China (CN) vs Germany (DE)
February 23 - Japan (JP) vs Australia (AU)
March 1 - Korea (KO) vs UAE Dubai (AE)
March 8 - Italy (IT) vs Venezuela (VE)
March 15 - France (FR) vs Philippines (PH)
some of the companies that im guessing that will join are

glorious corp for glorious
nico lunig for germany
marutamaya ogatsu for japan
show fx australia for australia
hanhwa corp for korea
flash art for uae
parente or alessi for italy
venefuegos for venzuela
brezac for france

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 23:44:55

Interesting stuff.
I would seem that after researching these companies over the web that Flash Art is Glorious Group. (Flash Art lists it's Hong Kong office as Glorious)
I wonder about the rest of the companies and their ties. Is this the way most Pyromusical companies work? Invite yourself under your many different names and your friends??? [found similar scenario while googling Lidu and Yves Relave Vancouver and Montmerency Falls, though Yves Relave is an individual, so slightly different]

Hanhwa for Korea in the Phillines and then in Montreal. A big year for this company. Maybe they'll test run some scenes in Philipinnes.
I look foward to the video footage!!!

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 07:32:39

well atleast thats what they do in this competition! their all friend you know! just like parente and pirotecnia reyes and i tihnk apogee their a group of fireworks companies their all friends!

this competitions wont be a pyromusical mcompetition though hehe!

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 02:07:58

Agree with paramount. It looks like a 'Glorious' show in different names...

This is why Montreal is such a great competition. It's not monopolize by a fireworks company.

Should have a new thread, what competitions around the world is truly independent and not being run by a fireworks company?

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 13:40:32

I'm not sure any competition is truly 'independant'. This would very difficult. You need a whole lot of gear, supplies, and crew. I imagine it would be helpful to be in the industry as it makes it easier to sell a new competition to other companies. It must be difficult to get the name of your competition out there, get it trusted by major competitors, and get it prestige level to a high level.
***Panzera has been involved with the Montreal competition for many years (according to the website, since the third season).
I think competitions can be run by fireworks companies, and - well I'm not sure how to say it. They should be able to include companies from all over as long as they meet competition standards. There are many qualified outfits that can compete, there is no reason why any company should have ownership in two companies competing in the same major competition in one season.
Nor should the host company ever have their own company compete in that competition. If they are truely deserving, they will recieve invites to other major international competitions.
Just my thoughts though, I've never organized something like this. Maybe it is alot tougher to get companies to commit in the first few year of a competition. They do put a lot on the line, putting their name out there for critic and possible failure. And who knows about money? We all hear about how times are tougher for LaRonde. You put a lot of work and energy into a display, with a longer serving competition I'd trust more that I'd get paid, where with a new one... there's no precedent anyways

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 05:32:19

Hi there!

The line-up is interesting!
As Paramount has noted, Flash-Art is Glorious. But NicoLünig is 100% Glorious too! They took them over in the mid-90s, same with Flash-Art who where nearly bankrupt then.

bye!
Alex

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 06:39:49

Schedule was changed
march 29 = China and Germany
April 5 = Korea and Canada
April 12 = Japan and Australia
April 19 = Italy and Venezuela
April 26 = France and Philippines
I heard that Canada's show will be made by patrice guy (not sure)
so no more Flash art i think!
I won't guess the joniing companies cause im not sure!
I don't care if the companies are owned by one company but what i care about is the choreographer and the quality of the shows!!

None of the glorious owned companies (or group) has won the competition! Australia's show FX won 2005 and U.K.'s westcoast fireworks won 2007

vander

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 03:36:13

Ok the final schedule has been announced! here it is

-April 5 2008

China - Glorious Fireworks group
Germany - Nico-Lunig Gmbh

-April 12, 2008

Japan - Marutamaya-Ogatsu
Canada - Pyrostudios (Patrice Guy)

-April 19, 2008

Italy - Romulado Parente Fireworks
Venezuela - Venefuegos Artificiales

-April 26, 2008

France - Fetes Et Feux
South Korea - Hanwha Corporation

-May 3, 2008

Australia - Explosive productions
(i dont know if their related to explosives entertainment)
Philippines - La Mancha Pyro Productions (exhibition)

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 02:34:32

Vander..

Shows moved to May 3 and thereafter... every saturday..

This world is not made up of competition..
Lets show the audience who will make them smile.
They know when to shout and
They know when to nagg...

Lets just do it and shoot that show!!!!
For at the end of the day
if some one gets hurt,
we have nothing to blame but ourselves..

"its just you and me"...

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 03:09:30

any reasons why it was moved again?? so should we expect better displays since preapring motnhs is longer?? i'm pretty sure that this forum will be looking for the themes of each displays!

Posted: May 10, 2008 12:57:41

Here are the finale up on you tube so far!
China's finale (the owner has the wrong title)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o9HORwt_3pM
Germany's finale (owner has the wrong title)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pzQQ4qoupnc

When i find the finale by canada and france ill show them to you ASAP! The finales made by them were quite great!!

Posted: May 11, 2008 08:11:35

Here's france's fetes et feux finale

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0xLGSzrKPSw

Here's Canada's pyro studios double finaled show!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DO1kMyMjU8I&feature=related

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019