Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Malta in montreal??? (when??)
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 04:25:09

Since the 2008 competitions is finished except for the finale and the announcements of the winner, i was wondering when do you all think are we gonna see some maltese company joining in montreal?? I know most of them are just small companies who are making shells in honor to their patron saints but i think they deserve to join montreal!! How about you? what do you think??

Here's a video showing some fine maltese shells..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT1MzPzEMZw

A few things to see..
:36 invisible salutes/beraqs
9:28 surprise
10:31 look at the pistil of the massive shell!

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 10:16:29   Edited by: Mylene Salvas

Thanks for sharing this video. Quite interesting. Remember the Maltese device ? http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/raddiena.html

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 22:25:16

when do you all think are we gonna see some maltese company joining in montreal?

That's hard to say. One problem I can see is that I believe the Maltese use potassium chlorate in their shells. This is not allowed in Canada - not even, as far as I'm aware, for the special import authorization given to non-homologated fireworks for use in competitions. I'll be having dinner with some people from the ERD next week so I'll pose that question. If the answer is no then we will not get to enjoy such a display in Montreal.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 11:07:17

Hi guys!

Actually, there are no companies on Malta, all of the factories are clubs with people working there for their feast as a hobby, all are pure amateurs (in the pure sense of the word). OK, there are 2 companies, that is Briffa and Muscat. Their main business is importing chemicals and raw materials, although Charly Briffa took part in several competitions in the 70s and 80s. There is also the problem of the allowance for export of product, for which you would need a business company.
The use in potassium chlorate is nowadays not so much a thing as it was in the past. But actually, some specific effects can only be produced with using chlorate. We use it here too in our manufacturing, it depends what you are doing and aiming for.

bye and stay green!
Alex

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 14:21:46

Hello I make part of The St. Mary Fireworks Factory of Mqabba - MALTA and I have to say that in Malta companies are very small as You said and financally isnt easy to go to Montreal. We nnd alot of backing. i must say that We took part in Caput Lucis 2007 and Won the competition. Charlie Briffa took part in Monaco in 70s as Well as Hal Lija did.
Nowadys Im not sure if Ground Fireworks maker Toni Busutil had already put up a show in Montreal or not.

www.santamarija.com

Page loading time (sec.): 0.018